Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Forehead sensations

Benzo withdrawal

Hey guys, 

I am male 26y old. I jumped off Klonopin 4 months ago after 1.5 years on 2mg per day. I made a rapid taper (6weeks) and jumped from 0.125mg. sensations on my forehead drive me crazy…
I get tingling, pins and needles, numbness and small pressure on my forehead and eyebrows nearly everyday. My skin in the face, scalp and forehead feels ultra sensitive. I got some other symptoms, but this one is there since day one and does improve very slowly. There were some days the last weeks where I just had it for an hour per day, but some days it’s nearly 24/7. The days I feel like it is getting better I get same issues in my left leg.  I’m worried that I will never heal. Some symptoms have improved with time but my forehead is a big problem. The tingling is also in my legs and feet but not that much. 
Anybody here who got the same problems and recovered from that? Some people say the nervous system can be damaged permanently. Is that right? Would be happy about every answer. 

Thank you!

Edited by [...]

[pi...]

Hello @[...],

No, I do not believe the cns is permanently damaged. You are still very early off a rapid taper of a very strong benzo. Bodily sensations are very common. I had  jerks, twitches, burning, numbness and other physical symptoms. In fact, the physical symptoms we’re the last to leave, but they did, leave. It’s always wise to have a check up to rule out underlying causes, I did many times. In the end, what I felt was ‘just’ withdrawal.

The fact that your symptoms was and wane means that healing is going on. That is the nature of this process. It takes time for the nervous system to find balance. It will work towards that goal. 

• Like 1

[vo...]

@[...] Ditto to what @[pi...] said. I have those same symptoms as you on my head, trunk and legs. I'm 13 mos in withdrawal and I still have those same specific symptoms, but they are recently starting to lessen, so hang in there. It seems to me that our receptors are sending messages to our bodies to reset from the drugs. It's not easy, but you will be ok. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, [[K...] said:

3 months off same issue. Mines are 24/7! 

I can say I had it for almost 24/7 but I think 2 weeks there were a few days where it wasn’t so intense… 

• 2 weeks later...