Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Taper maths

[TH...]

Hi,

I'm currently on 3mg Valium and looking to drop to 2.75mg soon so a .25mg drop. A 2mg tablet weighs 175mg. Can someone explain how I cut that from a 2mg tablet? How much would it weigh?

I'm having trouble working it out at the moment. Tablets have dumbed me down. Thanks 

[En...]
3 hours ago, [[T...] said:

Hi,

I'm currently on 3mg Valium and looking to drop to 2.75mg soon so a .25mg drop. A 2mg tablet weighs 175mg. Can someone explain how I cut that from a 2mg tablet? How much would it weigh?

I'm having trouble working it out at the moment. Tablets have dumbed me down. 

Try posting in the taper section. We all have a dumbed down brain in this section lol.

Edited by [En...]

[Ct...]
4 hours ago, [[T...] said:

Hi,

I'm having trouble working it out at the moment. Tablets have dumbed me down. Thanks 

@[Fa...] is excellent at tapering Valium.

[Fa...]

Hi, @[TH...].  If you wish to ingest approximately 2.75mg of active ingredient, using 2mg tablets that weigh .175g on your scale, you would:

1) ingest one (1) 2mg tablet

2) shave/file a 2mg tablet down to a weight of .066g on your scale and ingest (.75mg divided by 2mg = 37.5% or .375.  37.5%, or .375 of .175g = .066g)

Completing these 2 steps would equate to an approximate daily dose of 2.75mg.

*I have now moved this thread to the Taper Strategies Forum.