Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×

Someone please answer does coffee or supplement help with anhedonia ?

[S_...]

Eating fish as your daily protein can help as well. 

On days you do not eat fish, a fish oil supplement can make a lot of difference too. 

• Like 1

Like @[PE...] said, coffee may help motivate you and motivation decreases (temporarily) anhedonia.

If you are having issues with anxiety and panic you may want to be very careful with how much caffeine you take.

A small amount of caffeine is perfectly fine in withdrawal as per Dr. Ashton.

• Like 1

I don't think it threw you back into a wave. I think your cns is very sensitive right now and any stimulants might cause bad anxiety or racing thoughts. 

Whatever the case, it should not take too long for this flare-up to subside. Don't fault yourself for trying to find relief. Just be more cautious.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, [[S...] said:

@[PE...] ok I will give it a try btw how long did your anhedonia last ? 

Caffeine is an amphetamine and gives you a rush of dopamine. 

When you say anhedonia do you really mean depression?  There is a subtle difference. 

Complete anhedonia itself likely means you would get no rush or pleasure from alcohol or sex too. It often happens from AD withdrawal. A different but no less harmful and toxic chemical. Its todays benzo now that the word is out about benzos. Ruining more lives. 

• Like 1

@[Fr...] hi frogman yes i mean anhedonia its like someone has placed me in a glass jar and i cant feel anything from the outside world  my emotions are completely numb  I can't feel any pleasure or joy from anything and lately my taste buds has gone too ! food taste completely bland to me. Will I get my emotions back ? :( 

4 hours ago, [[F...] said:

Caffeine is an amphetamine and gives you a rush of dopamine. 

When you say anhedonia do you really mean depression?  There is a subtle difference. 

Complete anhedonia itself likely means you would get no rush or pleasure from alcohol or sex too. It often happens from AD withdrawal. A different but no less harmful and toxic chemical. Its todays benzo now that the word is out about benzos. Ruining more lives. 

What? Amphetamine is Amphetamine and caffeine is caffeine not?

Coffee is good but not THAT good lol..

@[PE...] I think he means it's similar to amphetamines . Pepe how come your not sensitive to coffee ? I felt like I was on lsd after taking few sips it was soo bad ! Moat people here drink without a problem I feel like I'm a severe case :(

Anhedonia won’t get helped from coffee. It’s a neuro  chemical issue caused by injury to the brain. It will resolve or lessen with time.

2 hours ago, [[S...] said:

@[PE...] I think he means it's similar to amphetamines . Pepe how come your not sensitive to coffee ? I felt like I was on lsd after taking few sips it was soo bad ! Moat people here drink without a problem I feel like I'm a severe case :(

I'm not sensitive to anything. What i know..

It seems like 50/50 is sensitive to caffeine..

• Like 1

19 hours ago, [[S...] said:

@[Kr...] hi kris did u ever have this problem ? Do emotions come back ?

I’m one of the worst cases. Still healing and dealing with protracted symptoms. Anhedonia is one of the worst things after akathisia.

im still waiting to feel . My body is floating in space and my face is like a mask. No emotion.

Feels like I’ve been brain damaged permanently but we all feel that way. I’m trusting that I will get better. And so must you,

and no, you will not FEEL like you are going to get better. I started to get small spurts where I could feel something’s inside besides terror and doom and thoughts of dying from the emotional void, then it goes back to feeling nothing. Guess this is slow healing happening, that is what they say.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, [[P...] said:

I'm not sensitive to anything. What i know..

You strong like metal. Not like most people. You survived fast tapers of Q from mega doses and drink 8 cups super strong coffee a day.

You have very high tolerance to pain. You strong Swedish person.

Nothing hurt mega Peppe.

You super human maybe robot? lol 😂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, [[K...] said:

You strong like metal. Not like most people. You survived fast tapers of Q from mega doses and drink 8 cups super strong coffee a day.

You have very high tolerance to pain. You strong Swedish person.

Nothing hurt mega Peppe.

You super human maybe robot? lol 😂 

Lol yeah I'm peppe robot!!