Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×

Question about alcohol and Xanax and withdrawal.

[X-...]

When I was on 2 mg per night of Xanax I was a heavy binge drinker on the weekends. I would drink 15 beers plus 6 shots on Friday and Saturday nights. 
I rarely took my Xanax cuz I would pass out before I could take it and I would wake up in the early morning and figure I didn’t need it (use it for insomnia)

question: could I have been living on a rollercoaster of withdrawal by missing 2 days and then taking it again all week? Or would my Sunday night doses and subsequent weekday doses negate any withdrawals?

I have been looking over my health records and I noticed that my blood pressure got bad after I was prescribed Xanax and it got worse and worse over the course of 18 months. 

Anxiety and stress can raise bp. Making cuts can cause withdrawal symptoms that create anxiety and stress. 

Do you notice a pattern in regards to bp after your cuts? Like does it spike for a couple days and then stabilize about a week or so later like clockwork with each cut?

29 minutes ago, [[C...] said:

Anxiety and stress can raise bp. Making cuts can cause withdrawal symptoms that create anxiety and stress. 

Do you notice a pattern in regards to bp after your cuts? Like does it spike for a couple days and then stabilize about a week or so later like clockwork with each cut?

Yeah pretty much. My last cut from .75 to .5 has been a little harder tho. I cut about June 20th and my last couple BP measurements were fine. But I want to stay on.5 for a few more weeks

i see my doctor next Wednesday and I am gonna go on 2 .25 pills so I can cut smaller when the time comes.