A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×

Setback

[Mo...]

Hi all, 

I can’t believe it’s been a year since I’ve been in a setback from alcohol. I was living my life and thinking I could drink again, it caught up to me afte r a year and threw me back into withdrawal 10x worse than anything I’ve ever experienced. It’s been a year and I’m still going through windows and waves and new symptoms come up constantly. 

im so nervous this is not a setback and something else is wrong. I haven’t read about people being setback after all that time and for this long. Any advice? 

35 minutes ago, [[M...] said:

Hi all, 

I can’t believe it’s been a year since I’ve been in a setback from alcohol. I was living my life and thinking I could drink again, it caught up to me afte r a year and threw me back into withdrawal 10x worse than anything I’ve ever experienced. It’s been a year and I’m still going through windows and waves and new symptoms come up constantly. 

im so nervous this is not a setback and something else is wrong. I haven’t read about people being setback after all that time and for this long. Any advice? 

If your having windows and waves I would say it is a setback. There might be another condition that causes that pattern of recovery but I'm not aware of it personally.

17 minutes ago, [[j...] said:

If your having windows and waves I would say it is a setback. There might be another condition that causes that pattern of recovery but I'm not aware of it personally.

Are you aware of tolerance withdrawal causes windows and waves? 

I seem to be in a continuous wave or setback.   Not even sure it's withdrawal anymore.  I was o. 45.mg Diazapan tapered for a year give or take a week. Xx

n

I think people tapering say they get it. I'm not sure as I never experienced tolerance. I imagine people tapering experience it because there's part of the day when the drugs working and parts when it's not. I experience it being off the drug.

I've heard some people dont get windows but just gradually recover. There's also some who dont get windows and feel better over night. It does happen.

I'm still struggling to work this stuff out myself. This wave I'm in now has gone on for longer than the last one. I thought they were meant to get shorter as time went on. It's just disheartning some times, but one day you notice something significant change.