Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×

Please help I feel emotionless

[An...]

Benzodiazepine withdrawal and recovery steals our sense of self, we don't recognize ourselves and have difficulty relating to others.  We feel dead inside, no joy, no happiness and no love, the only emotions we seem to have access to are negative, shame, loneliness, fear, sadness, you name it, we feel it.

You'll get the good stuff back when you recover.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, [[P...] said:

Benzodiazepine withdrawal and recovery steals our sense of self, we don't recognize ourselves and have difficulty relating to others.  We feel dead inside, no joy, no happiness and no love, the only emotions we seem to have access to are negative, shame, loneliness, fear, sadness, you name it, we feel it.

You'll get the good stuff back when you recover.

I have been so emotional my whole 1 year taper it’s like overnight my emotions switched off I don’t feel anything, 

That's @[Pa...], only negative emotions. I haven't taken Klonopin for 15 months and I only feel fear, shame, anger and a lot of anxiety. 15 months into this plan...

When will Pam finish? Because nothing has changed in all these months and I still can't go out.

Give me a little hope

2 hours ago, [[Y...] said:

That's @[Pa...], only negative emotions. I haven't taken Klonopin for 15 months and I only feel fear, shame, anger and a lot of anxiety. 15 months into this plan...

When will Pam finish? Because nothing has changed in all these months and I still can't go out.

Give me a little hope

Have you had any windows, where you could access positive emotions?

18 minutes ago, [[P...] said:

Have you had any windows, where you could access positive emotions?

Do windows happen whilst tapering or only off 

4 minutes ago, [[A...] said:

They can happen with both.  Your emotions will return, I don’t speak with confidence about a lot of things benzo related, but your good emotions coming back is one I’m confident in saying. 

On 04/07/2024 at 14:06, [[A...] said:

I’m completely numb, blank and fogged has this happened to anyone what is this ? 

I experienced that before but welcomed it as it stoped the really bad anxiety I was suffering at the time. Is this your experience? It's called emotional blunting I think and it goes away...

Hello @[Pa...], thank you very much for answering me! Well, I haven't had any windows since I stopped Klonopin (rivotril in Europe). I have felt just as bad practically the entire time removing the first two months. I was taking it for 13 years and at the end I was taking 6mg. I stopped taking it suddenly due to ignorance 15 and a half months ago and since then I have had a lot of anxiety. I always had anxiety but what happened in the last 15 months has been something very exaggerated and unknown to me. It is on the street with the interaction with other people that it gets worse and that has made me stay home all this time except when I am forced to go out. Based on your experience all these years here

When is my anxiety going to start to decrease so I can face life? What would be a realistic deadline? I've been like this for 15 months Pam.....

Thank you very much 😘🙋🏻‍♂️

Edited by [Ye...]

3 hours ago, [[A...] said:

I noticed in some of your prior posts that you said you did experience windows. As Pamster said, they can occur at anytime in the process. 

These physical and mental symptoms are most likely reverberations from the repairwork going on with your nervous system. Often times windows (I view them as construction breaks) occur just when it feels like you are at your wit's end.

Keep passing time the best you can and keep piling up the hours and days towards your recovery. Healing occurs during tapering as well as when you are off.