A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×

Alcohol PAWS vs Benzo PAWS.

[jo...]

I was wondering if anyone has experienced both of these. I hear a lot that there similar in many ways but wondered if there's any significant difference?

They are nothing alike, recovery from the acute stage of alcohol takes a few days, the challenge was coming to terms with my addiction and learning new behaviors.  Benzodiazepine withdrawal and recovery is in a class all its own, from what I've read here, there is no other drug, legal or illegal that causes the suffering benzodiazepines do. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, [[P...] said:

They are nothing alike, recovery from the acute stage of alcohol takes a few days, the challenge was coming to terms with my addiction and learning new behaviors.  Benzodiazepine withdrawal and recovery is in a class all its own, from what I've read here, there is no other drug, legal or illegal that causes the suffering benzodiazepines do. 

Agreed. I was prescribed benzos when I decided to kick my alcohol addiction, and ended up getting hooked on the benzos. I thought my alcohol withdrawal was brutal at the time. But since meeting the little blue pill, kicking alcohol was a day at the fair compared to this. 

I’ve partied enough to cover 5 lifetimes, and done everything except injections. And of all the recovery efforts I’ve went through, benzos are ranked #1 in the shit-show category.

In my experience, the alcohol withdrawal had some initial similarities to benzos but they were very quick to pass. I suppose the worst was the cravings and the headaches, but that’s about the brunt of it. At least for me anyways. Five years later, I still get a small craving for a pint here and there, but that’s easy to ignore.

• Like 1

Yeah I miss drinking sometimes but only really in the sense that I might get a break from this. Messed up situation. I had a withdrawl from alcohol once but didn't suffer PAWS.

4 minutes ago, [[j...] said:

Yeah I miss drinking sometimes but only really in the sense that I might get a break from this. Messed up situation. I had a withdrawl from alcohol once but didn't suffer PAWS.

I miss it sometimes too. If I could have a vice like a civilized person without falling into a decade-long bender, I wouldn’t be in the situation I’m in now. Messed up indeed. The only way out is to just quit it altogether. 

• Like 1

Yeah it would be nice to have something to give you a break when needed. I've had a really bad day and it would be nice to have a couple of beers at the end of it without worrying about being sent into hell.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, [[j...] said:

Yeah it would be nice to have something to give you a break when needed. I've had a really bad day and it would be nice to have a couple of beers at the end of it without worrying about being sent into hell.

I hear you, my friend. That’d be two tickets straight to the vortex for me as well.

Agreed. I think I’m starting to calm down a bit after a two week wave. Naturally, I don’t want to get too confident about that. But holy smokes, I sure hope that window is coming.

5 hours ago, [[T...] said:

Agreed. I was prescribed benzos when I decided to kick my alcohol addiction, and ended up getting hooked on the benzos. I thought my alcohol withdrawal was brutal at the time. But since meeting the little blue pill, kicking alcohol was a day at the fair compared to this. 

hm. usually when i hear people referring to little blue pills people were suggesting something a little more invigorating. 

I have had a bottle of whiskey before and got very sick for a week but it is nothing like Benzo. You don't taper alcohol or go through this withdrawal process for month or years.

11 hours ago, [[P...] said:

I disagree, alcohol paws has some resemblance to benzo paws. You get brain fog, you get crippling anxiety, you insomnia. The list goes on. This comes from experience 

6 hours ago, [[L...] said:

hm. usually when i hear people referring to little blue pills people were suggesting something a little more invigorating. 

Invigorating. Now, there’s a word I wouldn’t associate with any of this. But, damn, I wish I could feel that way again, that’s for sure.

6 hours ago, [[d...] said:

I disagree, alcohol paws has some resemblance to benzo paws. You get brain fog, you get crippling anxiety, you insomnia. The list goes on. This comes from experience 

is it long lasting?  like benzo WD I assumed it was for some people. I wondered if the same people prone to longer benzo wd would be prone to longer alcohol WD. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, [[L...] said:

is it long lasting?  like benzo WD I assumed it was for some people. I wondered if the same people prone to longer benzo wd would be prone to longer alcohol WD. 

Well, ill soon find out. But its months now and the alcohol paws symptoms are nearly if not as severe as benzo paws

When in was in a detox once for zopiclone abuse i was struck with how people wd:ing from alcohol seemed ok and the once from benzo totally miserable. I had a wd from phenibut once and that suppose to act as alcohol in the brain. It was like a benzo wd but just one week.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, [[P...] said:

When in was in a detox once for zopiclone abuse i was struck with how people wd:ing from alcohol seemed ok and the once from benzo totally miserable. I had a wd from phenibut once and that suppose to act as alcohol in the brain. It was like a benzo wd but just one week.

Thats cause the ones withdrawing from alcohol were placed on benzos to help with acute alcohol withdrawal 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, [[j...] said:

I'd swap this for alcohol WD any day. I've done both now.

Depending on how severe the addiction was. Alcohol withdrawal is extremely dangerous at times, delirium tremens are deadly. After surviving them the paws can last upto 3 years. 

• Like 1