Important Survey - Please Participate ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×

I can go back to work without this electrical stimulation in the head.

[be...]

Tremors, spasms, anxiety, burning sensation on my hands, numbness...

I can try to ignore all of these and just drive and go outside.

But this electrical sensation or stimulation in the head really hurts even when I walk. Without this one, my quality of life will improve by 70%.

These are not brain zaps. These are like the brain nerve system that are affected by it.

I dont know if they are actual electricity, stimulation or the nerves trying to reconnect themselves. But it just freaks me out. Sometimes it is so strong that I have to stop and bold on to a tree or something when I walk outside. So I cant go very far from my house.

This thing just doesnt go away. It stimulates my head 24/7. It feels like Im electricuted 24/7.

I'm sorry. I complain about the same thing over and over again everyday. But I just cant function because of it. and it hurts whenver i try to do anything.

Edited by [be...]

I can only imagine how horrible these symptoms must be. Especially if they are persistent. People have had severe reactions to medications that require many months to quiet down. Our nervous system often recovers very slowly compared to other areas/systems in our body. If you have done several medical tests and no issues were found you will have to learn to cope the best you can to pass time.

Here is excerpt from AnxietyCentre:

Medication caused head and brain zaps description:

It feels as if your head, brain, or both have experienced a sudden and unexplainable tremor, vibration, buzz, shake, jolt, or zap.

This sensation is also described as experiencing a head or brain jolt or zap as if it has been jolted by an electric shock. Electric shock feeling is a common description.

This feeling generally comes out of nowhere and doesn’t have a logical explanation. This symptom usually lasts only a few moments and then disappears. This feeling can affect a small part of your head or brain, or feel like your entire head and brain have been jolted.

This feeling can occur rarely, frequently, or persistently and often occurs for no apparent reason.

This feeling can be slight, moderate, or severe.

All variations and combinations of the above are common.

Thank u for your reply. But this is not brain zaps since i have had seperate brain zaps before. The brain zaps were intense in the first month but they are almost gone.

This seperate brain nerve sensation is completely different from the brain zaps. i feel like these are neurons or nerve cells getting stimulated or they try to connect themselves and create this weird sensation. i feel like that because they get worse when I actually try to think about something or when I get stimulated by bright lights or when I drive. I reallt don't know what they are but I'm sure that they are not typical brain zaps.

Thank you.

Edited by [be...]

4 minutes ago, [[b...] said:

feel like that because they get worse when I actually try to think about something or when I get stimulated by bright lights or when I drive. I reallt don't know what they are but I'm sure thay they are not typical brain zaps.

Hmm if thinking causes them then you should try guided meditations on YT for clearing the mind. It sounds like your whole cns is in overdrive due to a negative reaction to Xanax. If I recall correctly you had an MRI not too long ago. I assume nothing came of that?

For the bright lights you may have to wear sunglasses even indoors until things get better. All I know is that anxiety can make the symptoms worse. So you should do what you can to relax yourself and calm your anxiety. The symptoms will probably be around for awhile, but every time you get yourself worked up into a panic, you are probably temporarily making the symptoms feel worse.

When you tried reinstating a few weeks ago that was only one very small micro dose correct?

8 minutes ago, [[C...] said:

Hmm if thinking causes them then you should try guided meditations on YT for clearing the mind. It sounds like your whole cns is in overdrive due to a negative reaction to Xanax. If I recall correctly you had an MRI not too long ago. I assume nothing came of that?

For the bright lights you may have to wear sunglasses even indoors until things get better. All I know is that anxiety can make the symptoms worse. So you should do what you can to relax yourself and calm your anxiety. The symptoms will probably be around for awhile, but every time you get yourself worked up into a panic, you are probably temporarily making the symptoms feel worse.

When you tried reinstating a few weeks ago that was only one very small micro dose correct?

yes. I have to stay like a tree or a vegetable in a dark room in order to avoid that sensation but u know u get super depressed if u live like it...

The MRI showed nothing. But weirdly, my head was so sensitive and I felt like my head was being squeezed like crazy for 3 days after the MRI. Believe or not, it really happened.  I actually had the pain whem I did TMS 3 weeks ago. I cried like a baby after that and the doctor was surprised because even little kids do it with no problems. MRI creates much stronger magnetic fields so I guess my brain gets more stimulated

I think my CNS is super sensitive now.

Thank you.

I read that the brain produces enough electricity to power a light bulb. So what we feeling might be just that.

Maybe brain cells searching for new pathways. It happens after traumas.

It might be sensitive CNS. We just don't know..

2 hours ago, [[P...] said:

I read that the brain produces enough electricity to power a light bulb. So what we feeling might be just that.

Maybe brain cells searching for new pathways. It happens after traumas.

It might be sensitive CNS. We just don't know..

maybe. i don't know what to do with it now.... sadly...

14 hours ago, [[b...] said:

Tremors, spasms, anxiety, burning sensation on my hands, numbness...

I can try to ignore all of these and just drive and go outside.

But this electrical sensation or stimulation in the head really hurts even when I walk. Without this one, my quality of life will improve by 70%.

These are not brain zaps. These are like the brain nerve system that are affected by it.

I dont know if they are actual electricity, stimulation or the nerves trying to reconnect themselves. But it just freaks me out. Sometimes it is so strong that I have to stop and bold on to a tree or something when I walk outside. So I cant go very far from my house.

This thing just doesnt go away. It stimulates my head 24/7. It feels like Im electricuted 24/7.

I'm sorry. I complain about the same thing over and over again everyday. But I just cant function because of it. and it hurts whenver i try to do anything.

I have the same… is so hard to live like this. It’s like I cannot live my life, I’m 24/7 with pain

11 hours ago, [[K...] said:

I have the same… is so hard to live like this. It’s like I cannot live my life, I’m 24/7 with pain

sometimes it is too intense that it feels like a partial seizure.