Important Survey - Please Participate ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×

New symptoms

[fa...]

A lot of my symptoms have gone.  My numbness had gotten better.  It is way worse today, along with weak muscles/heavy head/heavy body.  Eye/sinus pain.  Anyone?  My mind works so slow when this all comes on. I can't take much more. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, [[f...] said:

I miss reading. 

I know what you are talking. I am actually a student and have to work I a PhD. When I started tapering, god, it was impossible to read: words got blurry, forget wat I just read a minute ago, impossible to maintain concentration more than a few minutes... I am not so affected in the physical but I think I understand you in the psychological symptoms. In my case, time a constantly effort are making things better. Memory, attention, mind speed... They are coming back, slowly but I can already tell a difference. 

As you say, lots of your symptoms have gone, maybe you need more time to overcome this new symptoms. I hope you get better as soon as possible, patience and effort will get you dare.

My best wishes.

3 minutes ago, [[S...] said:

I know what you are talking. I am actually a student and have to work I a PhD. When I started tapering, god, it was impossible to read: words got blurry, forget wat I just read a minute ago, impossible to maintain concentration more than a few minutes... I am not so affected in the physical but I think I understand you in the psychological symptoms. In my case, time a constantly effort are making things better. Memory, attention, mind speed... They are coming back, slowly but I can already tell a difference. 

As you say, lots of your symptoms have gone, maybe you need more time to overcome this new symptoms. I hope you get better as soon as possible, patience and effort will get you dare.

My best wishes.

Thank you.  My child skipped two grades in school. He would come home and want to do more school work.  I'm so glad he is where he needs to be now, because I don't think I could even do 6th grade work.  My mind is that bad off.  I have had periods where I get a glimpse back. Did your mind speed come and go. Or was it just back and stayed 

17 minutes ago, [[f...] said:

Thank you.  My child skipped two grades in school. He would come home and want to do more school work.  I'm so glad he is where he needs to be now, because I don't think I could even do 6th grade work.  My mind is that bad off.  I have had periods where I get a glimpse back. Did your mind speed come and go. Or was it just back and stayed 

I understand it's really frustrating. One day I was working at an university level, and within one week I was unable to read two pages of a paper in less than one hour.. Really sad and also despairing. Trust me I know what you are talking.

In my particular case, when I started getting better, it went back and forward: one day I felt quite agile mentally, the other not. In the sort term, like a week, it went back and forward, but, in the long term, like a month, I could see clear improvements. Still going back and forward, but, even my worst days a month later, I had more clarity than at any moment at the first week.

It was a slow process, with the numbness coming and going, getting more and less powerful, but as I say, in the long term, I can clearly see an improvement. However, as I say, some days are harder than others.

28 minutes ago, [[S...] said:

I understand it's really frustrating. One day I was working at an university level, and within one week I was unable to read two pages of a paper in less than one hour.. Really sad and also despairing. Trust me I know what you are talking.

In my particular case, when I started getting better, it went back and forward: one day I felt quite agile mentally, the other not. In the sort term, like a week, it went back and forward, but, in the long term, like a month, I could see clear improvements. Still going back and forward, but, even my worst days a month later, I had more clarity than at any moment at the first week.

It was a slow process, with the numbness coming and going, getting more and less powerful, but as I say, in the long term, I can clearly see an improvement. However, as I say, some days are harder than others.

Thanks. That is helpful.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, [[f...] said:

A lot of my symptoms have gone.  My numbness had gotten better.  It is way worse today, along with weak muscles/heavy head/heavy body.  Eye/sinus pain.  Anyone?  My mind works so slow when this all comes on. I can't take much more. 

Yes! I have had unexplained sinus dripping in the back, pain, pressure and blockage for two weeks now. Decongestant isn't helping. Sometimes my eyes feel strange and I can't even explain the feeling when it happens.

Edited by [vo...]
update