Important Survey - Please Participate ×

What was your first week like after you cold turkeyed?

[be...]

At least im here to complain about my symtoms all the time but i thought i almost died when i first cold turkeyed 2 months ago.  i couldn't walk, eat or go to the bathroom for alost 14 days when i first CTed. All the liquid came out of every hole in my body. I was just lying on the floor 24/7 and barely survived with water and gatorade. when i drank some water, my entire body got so hot. i got burning sensations all over my body just because i drank some water. and i kept throwing up because i drank water and gatorade. I lost 30 lbs in a few weeks. It felt like someone was squeezing my head with with a pressing machine. I couldn't even look at the computer like I do now. i couldn't really stare at the screen. my entired head was being squeezed and electricuted and I could taste metal in my mouth. I thought I was gonna die. my body couldn't tolerate light and i had to stay in the bathroom for 5 days and i finally managed to call my parent to put news papers around the windows and finally managed to stay in my room. everything was so painful. Now I'm slightly better and can use the computer but not for very long. i don't even want to remember what happened in the last few months. i'm too traumatized. I'm still too sick. this is surreal. i can't rest anymore. i can't sleep.

what was your first week like when you first jumped off benzo CT?

Edited by [be...]
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Omg my brain has rejected that..

Delirious and with no sleep. Like a nightmare. The whole system in chaos. Sweating and vomiting..had zips of water from a spoon.

What you wrote is very much how i was. I was standing in the kitchen and throwing up and mom vaped the sweat from my back. It was pouring like i just had a shower. Impossible to do anything else then just suffer at the time.

You pulled through!!

Edited by [PE...]
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, [[P...] said:

What you wrote is very much how i was. I was standing in the kitchen and throwing up and mom vaped the sweat from my back. It was pouring like i just had a shower. Impossible to do anything else then just suffer at the time.

You pulled through!!

this journey is beyond crazy

@[be...] everything u mentioned was me 8 months ago but in the first month I just had akathisia and delirium  my symptoms didn't really kick in untill I was 2 months out of withdrawal that's when the real horror began and I was basically left paralyzed ! My weight was going down soo fast and I could not function at all  I honestly thought I was gonna die but it all went away so it's normal to get worse before starting to get better 

• Sad 2

36 minutes ago, [[P...] said:

Omg my brain has rejected that..

Delirious and with no sleep. Like a nightmare. The whole system in chaos. Sweating and vomiting..had zips of water from a spoon.

Makes Navy SEAL "Hell Week" sound like a walk in the park. At least they get 4 hours sleep.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

That's how I felt last month and I am back doing it again because I was rushed into hospital which started this awful cycle going again I'm in the middle stages of wd this morning I had a seizure which I am epileptic so I expected it but I know what to look out for 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

31 minutes ago, [[A...] said:

Makes Navy SEAL "Hell Week" sound like a walk in the park. At least they get 4 hours sleep.

Yeah.. or survival of the fittest. I always been intrigued by the holocaust and how some people pulled through and made it. Benzo CT in a concentration camp anyone? 😄

• Like 2