Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Our GABAs are altered when they return.... Is it true?

[be...]

acaaca.jpg.8020383186b9c89a47ab07a4cae28f5a.jpg

Ashton Manual.docx (benzoinfo.com)

ashton manual page 90

It says gaba receptors "may return in a slightly altered form. they may not be quite so efficient as before in"

and

"changes in gene expression can be" "even unable to reverse"

am i really doomed?

the dream of being healed 100%... im measurable

Edited by [be...]

Can you provide the source of this citation?  

The only thing I can point you to is the hundreds of success stories our members have written, including my own, I've never read one that mentions altered GABA.  

This does not refer to withdrawal symptoms lasting forever. You are misinterpreting it. It means that some people may find they cannot handle alcohol the same way as before benzo dependence. And it also explains why someone has an easy withdrawal from a benzo, gets back on 5 years later for a minor issue and then has a tougher time stopping the medication.

The altered state is in reference to how the gaba receptors may permanently change how they react to benzos.

If this referred to withdrawal symptoms then none of us would have recovered.

• Like 1

I can’t see any success stories stating they went back into withdrawal from stress and then healed again , I feel this has happened to me 

@[Co...] has stated he has basically been recovered for nearly 20 years. However, he can no longer handle alcohol very well without getting ill. I assume he has never attempted any benzos since he recovered. These altered states would probably mean benzos would be less effective than before even if 20 years has passed. 

Again, this info does not refer to being stuck in a state of acute withdrawal forever. 

1 minute ago, [[L...] said:

I can’t see any success stories stating they went back into withdrawal from stress and then healed again , I feel this has happened to me 

If this article applied specifically to withdrawal then you would have never experienced that period of feeling 85% better. Permanently altered states of receptors would not be conducive to such a pattern.

14 minutes ago, [[L...] said:

Is this why I went into a wave from stress , I wish I had known I would have been more careful , my brain is damaged 

Lots of people have stress setbacks and recover. Matt Samet was climbing all day, had a setback from physical stress on the body. Recovered. 

Edited by [jo...]

This is no different that with most other drugs. Alcoholics that abstain for years will find that even when they start drinking again, their bodies become dependent on alcohol again a lot quicker than those that have no prior history.

People have stress waves all the time it's common. There's thousands of examples on here. They bounce back.

Edited by [jo...]

I am pretty sure my gaba receptors were altered after benzo withdrawal because alcohol doesn't feel the same. But I feel fully recovered. Not being able to drink a lot of alcohol is not a major downside for me.

And there are other members that have been able to drink afterwards with no downsides. So even these "altered states" are not definitive

I’m just scared about what is happening to me it’s not the norm , I can’t understand it and I’m so scared what’s going to happen to me 

34 minutes ago, [[P...] said:

Can you provide the source of this citation?  

The only thing I can point you to is the hundreds of success stories our members have written, including my own, I've never read one that mentions altered GABA.  

Ashton Manual.docx (benzoinfo.com)

ashton manual page 90

17 minutes ago, [[L...] said:

im crying..

people say that you don't see fully healed people because those who fully heal don't come here but is it really impossible to see at least one? one... yes one... 

@[be...] if you want to discuss the science and some statements you found at least provide a source. It is counterproductive and even harmful to just post a snippet from some article with no source and then use hyperbolic language like about being "doomed".

If this snippet said everyone is guaranteed to recover 100% would you have still posted it and said you were saved? Or are you actively looking for info to prove the negative?

Just now, [[C...] said:

@[be...] if you want to discuss the science and some statements you found at least provide a source. It is counterproductive and even harmful to just post a snippet from some article with no source and then use hyperbolic language like about being "doomed".

If this snippet said everyone is guaranteed to recover 100% would you have still posted it and said you were saved? Or are you actively looking for info to prove the negative?

i just included the source

2 minutes ago, [[b...] said:

im crying..

people say that you don't see fully healed people because those who fully heal don't come here but is it really impossible to see at least one? one... yes one... 

There are people in other war torn countries worried about surviving and getting their next meal, and you are concerned about the possibility of not being able to drink alcohol regularly?