Important Survey - Please Participate ×

I feel like I'm going to give up

[Fa...]

Hi guys, I'm sorry for being so negative, but I feel like I can't take it anymore, the depression and anxiety and the mood swings are killing me, there are things that have improved, but I feel like it's impossible to get out of this, it's been 4 months now. I don't take anything, any advice? I would appreciate

19 minutes ago, [[F...] said:

Hi guys, I'm sorry for being so negative, but I feel like I can't take it anymore, the depression and anxiety and the mood swings are killing me, there are things that have improved, but I feel like it's impossible to get out of this, it's been 4 months now. I don't take anything, any advice? I would appreciate

It is hard not to feel negative when your body and mind are being repeatedly assaulted by withdrawal symptoms. You said you have noticed some improvements. Well more improvements will likely occur the more time that passes. And you may not need much more time. I have noticed many short-term benzo users recover pretty quickly.

Of course 'quick' is a relative term in benzo withdrawal. I am sure the 4 months of post-benzo WD certainly did not feel quick. But healing is not always gradual. There are times when members saw drastic improvements practically overnight and usually after particularly intense period.

• Like 1

Just now, [[C...] said:

It is hard not to feel negative when your body and mind are being repeatedly assaulted by withdrawal symptoms. More improvements will likely occur the more time that passes. I have noticed many short-term benzo users recover pretty quickly.

Of course 'quick' is a relative term in benzo withdrawal. I am sure the 4 months of post-benzo WD certainly did not feel quick. But healing is not always gradual. There are times when members saw drastic improvements practically overnight and usually after particularly intense period.

thank you so much ! Yes, being positive at this moment is impossible, there are times when I think I will never recover from this, I hope this passes soon, I don't know how much longer I can last haha, thanks for responding

• Like 1

I understand it's indescribable torture of the mind and body and everyone is on thier own level of it but it has to end somewhere try exercise start small and even if you walk around the house for 5 to 10mins I have been getting up more during this faze in my WDs which are coming in waves now 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, [[F...] said:

thank you so much ! Yes, being positive at this moment is impossible, there are times when I think I will never recover from this, I hope this passes soon, I don't know how much longer I can last haha, thanks for responding

You are not obligated to feel positive 100% of the time. If you managed to do so I would not consider you a fellow human being. You will heal regardless of how you feel. Positivity is better overall and should be the mindset most of the time but sometimes we need to release some frustration that can only be done during a negative mindset.

I don't know if you watched the Simpsons or not, but there is one episode where Ned Flanders learns that it is not healthy to think you have to be positive all the time.

Just now, [[C...] said:

You are not obligated to feel positive 100% of the time. If you managed to do so I would not consider you a fellow human being. You will heal regardless of how you feel. Positivity is better overall and should be the mindset most of the time but sometimes we need to release some frustration that can only be done during a negative mindset.

I don't know if you watched the Simpsons or not, but there is one episode where Ned Flanders learns that it is not healthy to think you have to be positive all the time.

Yes, I watch the simpsons! I saw that episode haha, you're right, there are times when it's very difficult to be positive, my fear is being like this for much longer and not getting my life back, that terrifies me.

Just now, [[v...] said:

@[Fa...] I feel your pain. Do you do things throughout the day as much as you can handle, to keep your mind and body active and busy?

I play video games go for a little walk and sometimes i just stay in bed.. 

6 minutes ago, [[F...] said:

Sounds like my kinda day :thumbsup:

• Like 1

I think it takes great courage to tell people how you feel @[Fa...]

I am pretty bad at it.

I wanted to simply say, stay strong and I feel you. 

Have you considered watching some anime? Crunchyroll is free for 7 days (I made like 7 emails to watch). There are some funny ones on there right now, even though I feel too old to watch the majority of them.

That Time I Got Reincarnated as a slime (made me chuckle)

I don't have the motivation for the gym either, but I go out for a walk after every meal until my job starts again. It is still something and it amplifies tv and video games for me <3

• Like 1

Just now, [[J...] said:

I think it takes great courage to tell people how you feel @[Fa...]

I am pretty bad at it.

I wanted to simply say, stay strong and I feel you. 

Have you considered watching some anime? Crunchyroll is free for 7 days (I made like 7 emails to watch). There are some funny ones on there right now, even though I feel too old to watch the majority of them.

That Time I Got Reincarnated as a slime (made me chuckle)

I don't have the motivation for the gym either, but I go out for a walk after every meal until my job starts again. It is still something and it amplifies tv and video games for me <3

Thanks for the anime advice! Yes, video games have always been part of my life, just like training, now I haven't been able to train for many months and that also depresses me a lot, thank you very much for responding!

Just now, [[F...] said:

Do the first two things help you? They seem like they would keep your mind occupied :-) For me, laying down just allows my mind to focus on what I am going through and all of the symptoms my body is dealing with, so I try to get out of my house and walk like you do. Does that help some?

• Like 1

Just now, [[v...] said:

Do the first two things help you? They seem like they would keep your mind occupied :-) For me, laying down just allows my mind to focus on what I am going through and all of the symptoms my body is dealing with, so I try to get out of my house and walk like you do. Does that help some?

Yeah! Definitely having your mind busy is what helps the most, the problem is having the desire to do something haha, anxious and horrible thoughts take over you when you are not doing anything, it is something very difficult to handle