Important Survey - Please Participate ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×

Please

[Lo...]

6 minutes ago, [[L...] said:

Pamster I feel this trigger is too big , it’s real it’s going to happen to me , I feel it is , I’m too scared to fight it , I will try the not caring for 3 days teqniuqe convo how do we do this ? 

I fear I’ve done somthing terrible and im Going to lose my life over it , my family tell me it hasn’t happened but I feel it has 

You're letting your fear have too much power, you can stop it!  My suggestion is to log off and do one thing to change the subject in your mind, how about you take a shower?

Do you find any peace from these thoughts at any time? Maybey late in the evening? I suffer from intrusive thoughts as one of my worst symptoms too.

I find that if I try not to think to much about the future, or to much about the past, and just concentrate on where I am in the moment, it helps me to reach the end of that day.

I won't aim any further than the relief I will get late at night. This helps me through. Try not to catastrophise the future and the past of your life by staying in the moment, and aiming for the end of the day. One day at a time.

• Like 2

A lot of my thoughts are about my past and that I have no future at all , I’m scared I’m not going to be ok. I don’t know how to care for my children , I don’t get any break from them , morning till night . 

Everybody gone , I’m losing adrenaline now maybe it’s calming down , I’ve been pacing my bedroom for I don’t know how long 

I really feel so scared of my intrusive thoughts , they are so fearful and real . I honestly believe everybody is coming for me , like im

goingvto be exposed to the world 

This is what the symptoms make you think. It's not real. It's common for people to have this parinoia and negative thinking when there in this condition. The thoughts will subside in time. I'm suffering with this too and I know it's not easy. But we have to keep telling ourselves their just symptoms.

Are you really , my fear is so bad over this and I feel

my thoughts are worse than any one else’s , like I’m a outlier , like everyone else’s are withdrawal but mine is real

and impending . I’m worried I have schrizapheina? 

I'm not a doctor but I know your symptoms are not unique. Many people suffer from this during withdrawl. It does not mean your crazy. Once your system calms, so will the thoughts.

@[Lo...], we're trying to reassure you that what you're feeling is what we all feel or have felt, you're not alone.  But we need your help, we need you to try the tools we've suggested, to help us help you.  The more you let your fear rule you, the more it will so its time to take your power back and change the subject in your head.  You can do this, you're a mom, you have super human abilities and I have no doubt you have the strength to fight this fear, for you and for your kids. 

Really is it really possible to fight the fear , how do I do this ? I honestly feel

disabled by it , I can barley shower , clean my teeth , I’m scared I’m going to lose my children 

What all these buddies are saying is so true! When I tapered from Klonopin a few years ago I had horrible fears, just like you are describing. As I got off the K, those fears went away.  I am now tapering off Ativan and am having the same symptoms and fears - but - there is a big difference now. I know those fears are not real and I will heal. Yes, I can feel pretty rotten with waves, but I just tell those thoughts, "you can't hurt me!" Then I go for a jog or call a friend to see if I can help them. You will get through this!