Important Survey - Please Participate ×

What are quality brands of generic clonazepam are available with new teva shortage

[db...]

Hello @[db...].  Just checking … have you tried contacting different pharmacies in your area (especially pharmacies in a different chain from the one you typically use as well as independent pharmacies) to ask if they stock or can order Teva clonazepam?  

Different pharmacies use different suppliers/distributors.  The independent pharmacist I use tells me their distributor has an ample supply of Teva and at least one other members has indicated they have not had issues obtaining Teva.

• Like 1

Hi Libertas,

I hope you are well.

I have checked all pharmacies around here and am being told that Teva tells them they are short on raw materials and are hoping to get rolling again about mid-august.

I have only been able to get 40 (less left now) and they were 2 mg (with no score) so to divide them in half for my 1mg AM and 1 mg PM I have to try will a pill cutter but they seem old/brittle and don't cut even or crumble up some.

Do you know any other brands that are pretty quality I can seek before these run out.

I am almost ready to go to crisis center but where would they get good generic clonazepam. So, freaking out pretty bad.

Pls any advice would better than what I know.

Thx,

Dbhigh333

I've been getting this brand Aurobindo.

This is how the 1mg looks like. I freaked out by not getting Teva but I fuess it is what it is. Sucks that they can't be consistent on the brand.

17197687447041469818142482738719.jpg

17197687752986339474486342729176.jpg

6 hours ago, [[d...] said:

Hi,

Is aurobindo any help?

Please advise.

Thx,

Dbhigh333

To be honest, I don't find it to have the same efficacy. I get a lot of headaches and shaking. I've been on it for three months of my taper.  I know they manufacture these in India. Still poison but yes, switching brands is not always a good idea. 

It does not give any sleep whatsoever and the shortness of breath is bad too.

Now I'm freaking out 

In addition,  it does not have the same potency.  Only God knows what I am taking. I called my pharmacy and they will replace them with Teva brand on Tuesday

Edited by [ca...]

Is your current prescription for 2mg or 1mg tablets?

Do you know if the pharmacies you contacted might have different strength Teva tablets available than the one you requested?

Do you have a supportive prescriber who would be willing to write a new prescription if needed?

My purpose in asking the above questions is to determine if you might be able to switch to a different strength Teva tablet (e.g. 1mg or 0.5mg).  

I agree with @[Cr...]’s response on your other thread — asking other members what clonazepam tablets have or have not worked for them is not going to tell you what will work for you.  For example, some members report the only generic they can tolerate is Accord; others report major issues with Accord.  

In your shoes, if I could not obtain Teva clonazepam, I would be inclined to try brand Klonopin from H2 Pharma.  Why?  First, brand manufacturers typically have higher quality control standards than generic manufacturers.  This means the llikelihood of getting accurate and precise doses is higher.  Second, generally speaking, shortages of brand medications are less common than shortages of generics.  Third, the ingredients of brand Klonopin and generic Teva are almost identical (only one excipient is different).  

I know we have two members who recently reported they had issues with brand Klonopin, but we also have many members who have been fine with it (I am one of them).  

Edited by [Li...]
Corrected username

Mine is for 1mg which I split in 4 pieces.

I will have to call the pharmacy and find out. My provider would bot write a new prescription. 

Do you have any feedback on aurobindo brand?

Edited by [ca...]

14 minutes ago, [[L...] said:

My apologies @[ca...].  The questions and information I provided in my previous post were directed to the OP (Original Poster), @[db...] not you.

That's fine.  Do you have any feedback on aurobindo brand?

In addition,  it does not have the same potency.  Only God knows what I am taking. I called my pharmacy and they will replace them with Teva brand on Tuesday