Important Survey - Please Participate ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×

Severe OCD, stuck thoughts

[S_...]

Hi guys is anyone else here suffering from severe ocd and negative thoughts that keep looping ? How do I deal with this ? I've had ocd before all this benzo hell but this is another level and it's really exhausting ! I feel like I will be stuck with this ocd thought forever how do u guys deal with stuck negative thoughts that keep repeating ?

What are the symptoms of your OCD? I know you mentioned looping negative thoughts, but are you obsessing by checking, washing hands, repeatedly looking at clocks and that type of thing?  I’ve suffered with OCD most of my life and it can be hell. Medication can help, as long as you don’t become drug dependent on another substance. I’ve benefitted most from therapy. Many helpful folks and methods out there. It’s definitely worth looking into. 

@[kn...] mine is mostly mental rumination like last week I took a multivitamin for 3 days and now my brain won't stop obsessing I feel like I ruined my recovery and my mind keeps giving me these scary scenarios like what if those had side effects and ect... it keeps repeating in my head and I'm filled with guilt and fear  it's mostly health anxiety but I do have hand washing sometimes aswell I just really hate my mind right now i feel like I will forever be stuck with ocd :(

@[Lo...] no it literally paralyzes me and sometimes I have to stop what I'm doing and rethink everything over and over again it's like my brain keeps punishing me and bringing me down I can't do this anymore :(

@[S_...]- I’ve much to say, but I’ll keep I brief. I’ve done some very stupid and dangerous things while falling victim to my obssesive thoughts tendencies. It’s taken years of therapy and practice, but I now allow myself just one check when locking doors, turning off appliances, etc.  As for the ruminating thoughts, yes they seem to always come at night.  I’ve taught myself to meditate years ago and it has enabled me to realize that we are not our thoughts. There are numerous apps and YT sites you can avail yourself of to help with that. Try those kinds of things first, but if insurance allows, find a therapist who knows about these things. OCD is naturally occurring disorder. Evolution has built in the tendency for us to make an extra effort to ‘know’ about the things we do. Our tendencies have just gone somewhat overboard. Stay with it. All the best to you in the mean time. 

• Like 1

@[S_...] yes I have it too , mine is over situations and the theme is always shame and guilt over something . I have a stuck theme for 7 weeks now , I can’t function either . I don’t know what to do , if anyone has any skills please chime in ?