Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Jumping @ .05mg clonazepam good or bad?

[Sw...]

i’m tired of the taper it’s been six months from .5mg k only used for three months. It’s never been easy. I’m at .05mg k and thinking hard about jumping any thoughts from other members tapering good or bad. All thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by [Sw...]

Sounds reasonable.  I jumped at .024 Clonazepam and looking back, I could see myself jumping at .05 with no regrets.

What are your symptoms like now?

50 minutes ago, [[R...] said:

Sounds reasonable.  I jumped at .024 Clonazepam and looking back, I could see myself jumping at .05 with no regrets.

What are your symptoms like now?

I’ve been holding for a week with slightly above barely functional symptoms heavy head muscle tension, some anxiety nausea. Seems to be subsiding a little today. What were your symptoms like post jumping at .024

Edited by [Sw...]

19 minutes ago, [[S...] said:

I’ve been holding for a week with slightly above barely functional symptoms heavy head muscle tension, some anxiety nausea. Seems to be subsiding a little today. What were your symptoms like post jumping at .024

When I got lower, like around .06, I started to feel a little more fatigue than I had been.  Post jump I noticed that the fatigue continued, so there really wasn't a difference in my symptoms between .024 and 0.

Good luck with whichever path you decide to take.

19 minutes ago, [[R...] said:

When I got lower, like around .06, I started to feel a little more fatigue than I had been.  Post jump I noticed that the fatigue continued, so there really wasn't a difference in my symptoms between .024 and 0.

Good luck with whichever path you decide to take.

Did you feel it was worth it to go down to .024 to reduce your symptoms Post jump?

9 minutes ago, [[S...] said:

Did you feel it was worth it to go down to .024 to reduce your symptoms Post jump?

Looking back it wasn't worth it, but during my taper, it alleviated some of the concern over jumping.  .025 mg of Clonazepam is the jumping off amount suggested by the Ashton Manual.

9 minutes ago, [[R...] said:

Looking back it wasn't worth it, but during my taper, it alleviated some of the concern over jumping.  .025 mg of Clonazepam is the jumping off amount suggested by the Ashton Manual.

Yeah, that confirms my suspicion as well. That’s why I feel like I’m gonna go ahead and jump where I’m at and not waste time on this drug already been on it too long three months use six month taper ridiculous I am sure, you know what I mean.

Edited by [Sw...]

Once I hit 0.25 mg I held for a month then tapered 0.01 mg per day. I went all the way down to 0.01 mg before I jumped.  For me, I don't think it mattered much about the dose given I tapered fast at the end.  I was ready to get it over with.

50 minutes ago, [[S...] said:

How were your symptoms post jumping ?

Absolutely terrible but not much worse than once I got below 0.25 mg.  That's why I went ahead and got it over with as I wasn't doing well even holding my dose.  Took about 3 months after my jump before things eased up some.  

In retrospect, I think I would have done better with a longer taper but it is impossible to know.

This is a reasonable jumping dose.  You are very subtherapeutic and your brain is trying to start to heal at this point. This can’t happen until you have the drug completely out of your system. The chances of your symptoms getting worse by jumping at .05 versus .025 or something lower are very low.