Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Stayin alive, stayin alive, ah ah ah ah, Stayin alive 😉

[or...]

Hello Benzobuddies,

I'm still alive and kickin here in my new apartment, and Home-State.  Had a lovely note from a good friend here at BB this a.m., and it encouraged me to get back on and participate in my own recovery.  Also, encourage others hopefully.

I heaped a lot on myself but I think I made some "right" decisions, even though it has been pretty rough.  I held my dose for almost a month and today I am tapering once again.  I will be at about 44% of original 1 mg C tablet.  I really surprised myself that I didn't completely lose my last marble with all that I got myself into.  I'm not rid of the sxs but I am calmer most of the time.  I've had to stay to myself, as I'm still triggered being around too many people, for too long.  It's partly pride, and partly just self-preservation. I know many of you will relate.

I am looking forward to more healing though, and believe in it after all the stories I've read.  I believe that light at the end of the tunnel is NOT a train, it's a new life free of benzos, and more quality of life. 

It's good to be setup, and reasonably organized again, and missed being here on BB, Oregonlady, hugs, love and encouragement to all :hug::smitten:(y)

Edited by [or...]
  • Like 5
  • Love 3

34 minutes ago, [[j...] said:

you'redoing amazing my friend!  happy ro hear things have settled down for you,  ~~  jill

Thanks Jill, I just took a walk in my new neighborhood, ran into Mr. Rogers :socool::2funny:  Seriously though it was nice and cool and lots of trees.  and hills surrounding the area.  I'm doing my best to enjoy the moments. Hope you are doing good too Jill, Oregonlady :smitten:

• Love 1

29 minutes ago, [[A...] said:

Glad you're all moved and feeling positive about the path forward. I think positive thoughts go a long way with recovery.

there's a lot of truth in that adella :) especially feeling at peace with my decisions, even though that didn't happen right away, worth waiting for ;) Oregonlady :hug:PS Late for my dose, but wanted to relax while I taper down another 3% ;) this a.m.

Hi Oreganlady. Congratulations on your new apartment. I’m moving very very soon too. I got a good laugh when I read that you ran into Mr Rogers. Hahhaaaa! 
I just wanted to say hello and wish you well. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, [[o...] said:

Hello Benzobuddies,

I'm still alive and kickin here in my new apartment, and Home-State.  Had a lovely note from a good friend here at BB this a.m., and it encouraged me to get back on and participate in my own recovery.  Also, encourage others hopefully.

I heaped a lot on myself but I think I made some "right" decisions, even though it has been pretty rough.  I held my dose for almost a month and today I am tapering once again.  I will be at about 44% of original 1 mg C tablet.  I really surprised myself that I didn't completely lose my last marble with all that I got myself into.  I'm not rid of the sxs but I am calmer most of the time.  I've had to stay to myself, as I'm still triggered being around too many people, for too long.  It's partly pride, and partly just self-preservation. I know many of you will relate.

I am looking forward to more healing though, and believe in it after all the stories I've read.  I believe that light at the end of the tunnel is NOT a train, it's a new life free of benzos, and more quality of life. 

It's good to be setup, and reasonably organized again, and missed being here on BB, Oregonlady, hugs, love and encouragement to all :hug::smitten:(y)

Congrats on your new apartment and home state. I relate as I am in transition myself. I hope to be settled soon like you and appreciate such a hopeful post.

• Like 1

Thanks @[La...], and @[Re...], you both sound much more confident than I was about it all ;) But to be honest, I think I just had my brain shut down and I was more like a robot going through it :mybuddy:support, encouragement and hugs coming your way, Oregonlady ;)

• Like 1

Always glad when someone knows what the heck I'm talking about, LOL!!  Jive Talkin, right @[vo...]:hug:;)

Edited by [or...]
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, [[o...] said:

Always glad when someone knows what the heck I'm talking about, LOL!!  Jive Talkin, right @[vo...]:hug:;)

YES! YES! YES!! Love Jive Talkin! Fun fact - did you learn how they came up with that song?

2 minutes ago, [[v...] said:

YES! YES! YES!! Love Jive Talkin! Fun fact - did you learn how they came up with that song?

I sure don't but I'm dying to hear it 😉👍

6 minutes ago, [[o...] said:

I sure don't but I'm dying to hear it 😉👍

I can't attach the short clip of Barry explaining, so....it was a bridge near where they live in Miami that used to make a repetitive sound as he drove over it.  Thanks...you took my mind off of the vibrations for a few minutes. Talk to you again!

• Love 1