Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Switched manufacturers on klonipin and back to old one HELP.

[xa...]

So long story. Bear with me. I’ve been on the generic of klonopin for 10+ years. 2 mgs a day. 1 in morning. One at nite. Last fall my doctor and I decided on a slow tapering.. went down by .25 at a time. So now I’m on 75mg twice a day. I have always been on the Teva generic brand. Never had any issues. Last week cvs gave me accord brand and I immediately had side effects. Felt extreme fogginess and out of it. Also panic attacks . After 3 days on it I finally got put back on Teva. It was fine. Now a week later on it. Every time I take my dose I get heart palpitations and extreme anxiety. It lasts 3-4 hrs and I feel fine right before I’m supposed to take my next dose. I’m confused on why this is happening it’s awful. Did the other manufacturer screw up my system somehow?. Any explanation or help would be appreciated.  

Edited by [xa...]

Hi @[xa...]

Welcome to BenzoBuddies!

I’m so sorry to hear you’re having difficulties with brand substitutions. We have many members who are quite sensitive to different brands and have very uncomfortable withdrawal reactions if brands are changed. You are not alone.

I just want to make sure I understand correctly - when you went back to Teva, did it initially work fine and then a week later you started having problems with it?

Hopefully other members who’ve had brand issues will also give their input.

9 minutes ago, [[j...] said:

Hi @[xa...]

Welcome to BenzoBuddies!

I’m so sorry to hear you’re having difficulties with brand substitutions. We have many members who are quite sensitive to different brands and have very uncomfortable withdrawal reactions if brands are changed. You are not alone.

I just want to make sure I understand correctly - when you went back to Teva, did it initially work fine and then a week later you started having problems with it?

Hopefully other members who’ve had brand issues will also give their input.

Yea that’s exactly correct. 

I’m also experiencing trouble- switched to brand name K, from Teva , but after 3 days I also felt something terribly off.  Went back to Teva (xtra-left over from previous tapers). Three days now -still wobbling.  I was in a holding state (long story) was just starting to feel much better-then tried the brand K name because of Teva back ordered.  I have posted recently about this .

My sleep is off for sure.   I’m no expert on changing brands , always used Teva.  I am praying it’s just a small blip- and time is needed to smooth things out.  It’s the only thing that makes sense to me at the moment.  Hang in there , there are a lot of people with similar experiences here .  I’m finding excellent support and advice from asking my questions.  Sorry I interrupted your thread, I want to follow along for the information/ advice. 

• Like 1

It seems like your CNS is very sensitive to the different brands. You can use the Search function in the top right corner to search for threads with similar topics. Hopefully with time you’ll level out again. 

• Like 1

I am the exact same way. Teva is the only brand that I can take. Fortunately my pharmacy has it in stock. I tried the accord just once and it was awful. I have done the brand Roche and I felt bad on it. I am so sensitive any changes.

Just sit and give it time for the Teva to settle your CNS down. I know that it will.

Hope this helps.

Dana

• Like 1

I am now, thankfully, with a provider who is OK with dry tapering by weight. I’ve been tapering diazepam for nearly three years. Started with a cross over of 4mgs K and 2 mgs Ativan to 60 of diazepam and started down from there. I’m now down to about 1.5 pill sized doses, but it weighs out to exactly .333 mgs I haven’t paid any attention to the brand names of my meds, but sticking to the correct weigh out, it’s been fine. I don’t know if this helps your situation, but it’s just a thought.