Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Going out to the bar for the first time since ive been off benzos.

[...]

@[C-...] Thanks for being so honest. I appreciate it. I know this can be an unsafe activity but the fact is everyone is different and one persons experience can differ dramatically from the other. This is a situatoin where the only way I will know is if I try. 

That said, unfortunately plans fell through last night! I still plan to go out as soon as possible though. 

• Like 1

I’ve managed to have beers/whisky since going CT 10 weeks ago, I did have a mild reaction, some pins and needles and a small return of feeling cold but nothing that wasn’t managable. I plan on staying off alcohol for another couple of months after this weekend. I think in the grand scheme of things my WDs weren’t as challenging as a lot of people in here to be totally honest. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, [[M...] said:

WTG @[C-...]! Good on you. He’s at 3 months. We’re not fear-mongering 🤦‍♀️. We are sharing evidence-based experiences for his consideration.

Sorry, I phrased that improperly, The fear-mongering was a general sentiment that I always heard in the community. I've also read in quite a few posts that people that have been on benzodiazepines will never be able to drink again, I just want to say , in my case, that does not apply

I still have sensitivities to certain foods that I just have to live with now, but I do keep on trying them just to make sure. 

I wish everybody a speedy recovery

• Like 1

On 27/06/2024 at 12:56, [[P...] said:

Please update us @[...] on how it was. I had 4 beers yesterday and it made me sleep for 24 hours. My goal was to turn my day into normal but here I am a day later just were i started lol.

Sorry but this made me giggle @[PE...]

• Like 1