Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Anxiety after eating

[Al...]

6 hours ago, [[A...] said:

Does anyone else get ramped up anxiety and restlessness after eating? Is there anything that helps?

All I can say is I have that same problem. The only thing I know that helps in my case is eating slower. 

• Like 1

I watch things like to much histamine. There were 2 occasions when I ate a lot of minced beef and had a bad day the next day. I looked it up and minced beef is a huge amount of histamine. I find I can tolorate food ok, but large amounts of certain things can be problematic.

• Like 1

You need to eat one thing at a time, and journal everything you eat, there are certain foods if I eat it'll put me back into withdrawal, you have to figure out which foods are good for you

• Like 1

I used to have ramped up anxiety and felt fits of extreme uneasiness, ending up in sweat, short breath, palpitations for a while after eating. The more i ate, the worse. Just knew it would happen and waited out but my fits never took too long.

12 minutes ago, [[i...] said:

How long did it take before it changed for the better?

It's difficult to say. I just remember i realised it started showing up less last July, when i was about 3 months off. 

• Like 2

I had this too and honestly I don't know what the cause is.  Over time it eased up.  I'm 4 1/2 years post jump after a rapid taper.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, [[i...] said:

Many people are talking about this magic happening somewhere between 1-3 months off. I'm three weeks out so I'm excited about the future for sure!

The intencity might start to subside earlier but like other symptoms it can come and go, although i don't even remember when it came last time, touch the wood:)

• Like 1

On 27/06/2024 at 02:33, [[A...] said:

Does anyone else get ramped up anxiety and restlessness after eating? Is there anything that helps?

Try a low glycemic diet, avoid carbs/startches/additive sugar, avoid large meals.  Drink lots of water with your meal.  Make sure to get daily exercise.

Insulin causes the heart to pump harder and faster which can result in symptoms of anxiety.

• Like 1