Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Does medication prolong withdrawal or stop healing?

[Bi...]

I have been going through withdrawal for nearly 28months from K, after tapering for 7months. Since I finished the benzo 28months ago I was put on a different anti-seizure medication (as that's what I was prescribed them for) and am still on that, alongside a sodium chloride supplement I was put on one month ago due to deficiencies. 

Will taking these prolong my withdrawal and how long things take to heal, or stop things healing completely? As still very worried about this. 

Most here believe that as long as the medications you're taking don't effect GABA, you should heal just fine.  I started taking Ambien and prolonged my misery but a sodium chloride supplement shouldn't be a problem.  What is the anti seizure medication you take?

13 minutes ago, [[B...] said:

It is Eslicarbazepine Acetate

It doesn't look like this should be a problem either, my guess is your body is healing according to its own schedule, I wish it was faster for your sake. 

1 hour ago, [[B...] said:

Okay, thank you Pamster. So this one shouldn't affect the GABA then? 

I don't have a scientific background, but from what I read on Wikipedia, it shouldn't.  

What does the literature you get with the medication say about side effects, do any of them resemble benzodiazepine withdrawal symptoms?  Just wondering if some of what you're feeling could be due to the Eslicarbazepine Acetate.

It's hard to tell as many of the uncommon side effects are the same - so who knows which one they're related to - but not things that got worse as they increased the quantity of thatmedication, everything is improving very slowly, so very confusing.