Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Clonezapam taper

[li...]

I am confused on the tapering of Clonezpam. I am on 0.25mg for a litter longer than 3 months. I would like to do it by ounces I only have a scale for ounces. Can anyone help me with that? How many ounces should I go down at each reduction. 

Thanks

Hello @[li...],

Welcome to BenzoBuddies.

I just wanted to say "hello" and get your account going.  Tapering is not my strength, but I am sure that other people will be along soon to help you with this.

We're glad you found us.

Hi @[li...], welcome.

It may prove difficult to measure using ounces, its not possible to get down to low enough weights, grams will allow you to go much smaller.  What size is your tablet, many members are able to dry cut their tablets using a pill splitter, razor blade or some even use a file to shave them.  Many will purchase gram scales via Amazon for around 35.00 US.

We typically want to see those who have only taken the drug for a short time taper a little bit faster than long term users, what is your plan?  We can help you figure this out if you'd like. 

@[Pa...]

Thank you. 0.25mg is the dose I am on. What is the amount of grams I should go down to? Thats is what is confusing me. Half of the dose is 12.5 should it be higher than that?

@[li...], have you taken and stopped benzodiazepines in the past, or is this your first experience?  Why are you thinking about getting off of it, have you notice unwanted symptoms?  Your past use will help us determine your taper rate, this is why I'm asking more questions.

Frist time, I do not want to be on this- want to get off before it becomes a problem. I did try to stop about a month ago my doctor said I could just stop but it was hard so I started again. I don’t know if was my anxiety making it hard 

I also tried to stop after just 10 days and could not without tapering it.

As  @pamster mentioned, a milligram scale is worth it and not too pricy. Because the actual reduction is based on the weight of the whole tablet, I got a jewelry scale (like this one: https://www.amazon.com/AWS-Portable-Precision-Digital-Milligram/dp/B0012TDNAM?ref_=ast_sto_dp&th=1) to weigh each tablet and to slice away the right amount.

I reduced a little bit every day. Let's say I wanted to taper a 0.25 tablet over 3 months or 13 weeks or 90 days.

- The simplest way was to weigh one tablet.

- Tablet weight divided by 90 would equal my daily reduction.

- So I subtract the daily reduction weight from full tablet weight to get that day's net weight.

- It was fairly easy to then get that day's tablet to reduced net weight by scraping off excess with nail file.

Edited by [st...]

Thanks, so I .5mg tablets that I cut on half for 0.25mg the half cut is 0.007 weight the full tablet is 16 I have never taken the full tablet which do I use?

Edited by [li...]

grams, the dose is 5mg but I only take 25 so I have to cut them. We can’t get .25mg pills here

Edited by [li...]

I messed up I left out that four days ago I cut the 0.25mg in half so I have been taking 12.5 . I feel bad but not horrible- afraid it might get worse. What should of done. sorry about my confusion 

Edited by [li...]

yes it was 0.5. I felt fine until today the fourth day. I don’t know if cutting the pill in half was to much of a reduction. But if it is how do I fix that. I dont want to go back up to 0.25. I have a headache-backache- nausea.

16 minutes ago, [[l...] said:

yes it was 0.5. I felt fine until today the fourth day. I don’t know if cutting the pill in half was to much of a reduction. But if it is how do I fix that. I dont want to go back up to 0.25. I have a headache-backache- nausea.

Typically we don't recommend a 50% reduction in dose but if you're determined not to go back up then my suggestion would be to stay at this dose for another week or so until you feel somewhat stable.  We define stable as your symptoms stop changing drastically and you can carry out your daily tasks like showering and simple meal preparation. 

Ounces are likely not small enough of a measure to make tapering successful. You really need a milligram scale since you're having symptoms. The one most people around here use is a jeweler's scale, and it has a resolution of .001 grams (1 milligram).

35 minutes ago, [[l...] said:

I ordered a mg scale just now, thanks. So could I increase the dose but not go back to 0.25mg?

29 minutes ago, [[l...] said:

I ordered a mg scale just now, thanks. So could I increase the dose but not go back to 0.25mg?

You can do whatever you feel is best, but it may take a couple of days to notice improvement.  Once these intense symptoms set in, it can be difficult to turn it around.  

7 minutes ago, [[P...] said:

You can do whatever you feel is best, but it may take a couple of days to notice improvement.  Once these intense symptoms set in, it can be difficult to turn it around.  

Thank you for your feedback