Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Anyone here take multivitamins?

[S_...]

Hi guys I'm 8 months out and I took multivatims for the past 4 days but I stopped coz I heard people saying it can be harmful. Did this ruin my recovery ? How long till it leaves the body? It can't be as bad as medications right ? Does anyone else take it ? 

• Like 1

it may be too soon for you to take them. I could only introduce a vitamin one at a time to see how I responded, and sometimes had to do a lower dose to start. Only now at 4 years out can I comfortably take many vitamins and supplements. 

many of us in recovery are magnesium sensitive and it is a binder in a lot of pills - so it may be that. I found stuff with no fillers that I did better with. I think the early on all I could handle was Omega 3 fish oil and vit D liquid capsules.

Use really good vitamin companies like Pure Encapsulations, Metagenics, Thorne. Anything GMP certified and free of added stuff. 

Honestly where you're at focus on making sure your food is good quality. Support your body that way first.

hope this helps!

• Like 1

On 22/06/2024 at 01:41, [[P...] said:

I got off being on a regular benzo Rx a number of years ago and was doing well. In June I did a cross country move that was very stressful and I had a hard time with the anxiety of it all and the loss of sleep that I experienced. Before I left Oregon I asked my NP for a Rx of Valium, 30 tablets. He thought it would be fine & I deluded myself by taking it here and there, only as needed over a course of 4 months. So far so good. Then in October 2023 I asked my new PCP for another Rx. Without any questions he gave it to me. I took 20 tablets of that RX over the course 8 months. The last tablet taken was in mid May. Here it is late June and I have developed terrible insomnia. I laid awake almost all night last night and I can tell by how my body feels tonight it isnt going to be much better most likely. One would think a 75 y/o guy whose been around the block would know better, but I told myself its Ok, It will be fine, I am only taking a tablet every once in a while. WELLLLL, it aint fine. Im not sure what I can do about any of it except gut it out. Pay the miserable price. Im actually worried I will get so sleep deprived I will die :o( I do take every night low dose mirtazapine, CBD and melatonin for sleep but last night it couldn't cut through the insomnia. I have no idea how long this will last. Everyone is a different set of circumstances, but if anyone has any words of experienced wisdom they care to share I would appreciate hearing your story. Thanks

Pokey

1 hour ago, [[S...] said:

@[tr...] did this further ruin my recovery ? I only took it 4 days will my brain still be able to heal after this ? I will never touch supplements again 

You'll be absolutely fine mate, we have a tenancy to over think these things, I've been taking l theanine and ashwagandha the last month both natural compounds and they've taken all my symptoms away apart from insomnia. If you really think the things you have taken have harmed you then only you can decide that 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, [[S...] said:

@[tr...] did this further ruin my recovery ? I only took it 4 days will my brain still be able to heal after this ? I will never touch supplements again 

You get vitamins and minerals with what ever food you eat. So I don't think it will effect your recovery. 

I’ve taken vitamin supplements throughout my three year taper. I started after nausea kicked in and my appetite and diet began to suffer. When I went in for a checkup and blood screens, I had the lowest B12 they’ve ever seen. Since then, it’s been multi vitamins, magnesium and tumeric daily. The doctor told me that any extra vitamins consumed are passed out in your urine.  I really don’t think you have anything to worry about. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• Please Donate

Donations help fund our recurring webhosting and software licencing fees, and will aid the development of new withdrawal and taper utilities for our members.

pixel.gif
  • Popular Now