Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Help please buddies. Having an op

[Sh...]

[Sh...]
Posted (edited)

The heart palpitations are back. Please god let them stop. 
I am so tired it’s incredible. Everything completely wears me out. I had to pace myself after each task and dot them thru the day yesterday. I guess the pain is just wearing me down I don’t know. Now I have to go for a shower and that just seems like a monumental task 😖

Edited by [Sh...]

[Sh...]
8 hours ago, [[L...] said:

Do you have a neighbor or friend that could help? 

I don’t really talk to my neighbors much. Enough to say hello and polite conversation but we aren’t friends so I wouldn’t ask. I have my hubby and 2 older kids that should help. Hubby  can’t do a lot coz he’s disabled and u know what teenagers are like! 

[ba...]

Darling Shayna. You are going to be very compromised from the surgery for at least a week, prob longer. Even if you had never taken a benzo, surgery really takes it's toll.

Sweetheart, go to bed, use cool cloths on your neck to calm your heart. (my mothers recipe) wet a cloth, put itin the freezer for 30 seconds, and put it on your neck. It does something to calm the nervous system.

GO TO BED. The laundry is not important, a clean house is not important, your work is not something you can do right now. The longer you give yourself to recover, the better it will be. Let your teenagers know they have to make their own meals and take care of the house. Hubby can take over household business. PUT YOUR FOOT DOWN. You can create lists for them of what needs to be done, and be adament. If everything goes to hell, it's on them.  It's not your job right now. They will get hungry enough to make food, and sick of dirty clothes, and if they don't, again, that's their problem.

xx

Edited by [ba...]
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

[La...]
15 hours ago, [[S...] said:

I don’t really talk to my neighbors much. Enough to say hello and polite conversation but we aren’t friends so I wouldn’t ask. I have my hubby and 2 older kids that should help. Hubby  can’t do a lot coz he’s disabled and u know what teenagers are like! 

Yep but you’re their mom and wiped their noses and butt…they should help! Yes many teens and young people are very selfish especially these days. I hope your kids step up! How are you feeling? 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I just logged on after a break for a few days and saw this. I’m so glad your surgery went well and I hope that your heart has calmed down some by now. By the way, from my experience opiates are ok. The only time during this whole ordeal that I had a complete remission of symptoms was from taking codeine for a really bad throat infection. 

• Like 1

[Sh...]

Hey X-ray hey girls x 

I have opiates to take but I won’t, but yeah the pain is uncomfortable. So far today my heart is calm but last night it went on and on for hours. I saw my dr yesterday about it and of course while I was there it was fine. Anyway I have a referral to a cardiologist so I’ll just go see him and see what’s going on. I also got a blood test referral but I’ll go next week I think I’ve had enough things stuck in my arm this week. 
badove and lady u are right. I need to rest. My dr even said the same yesterday. It’s hard for me to stop because of my situation but I kinda don’t have a choice. I am so tired. I fell completely asleep on the couch last night, not dozing just unconscious and that never happens. I just wish someone would take my lil boy out for me I hate seeing him sit on video games. I took him out bowling yesterday with his friend and having polite conversation with his mum was an absolute punish. The pain was making me really edgy. And people pushing past me a few times I actually said out loud “hello!!! Can u see what I’m working with here”

people am I right 🙄

[La...]

People can be so selfish, rude and inconsiderate! I wish you had someone to help with your son too. Am sorry. Hang in there girl. 

• Love 1

[be...]
13 hours ago, [[S...] said:

Hey X-ray hey girls x 

I have opiates to take but I won’t, but yeah the pain is uncomfortable. So far today my heart is calm but last night it went on and on for hours. I saw my dr yesterday about it and of course while I was there it was fine. Anyway I have a referral to a cardiologist so I’ll just go see him and see what’s going on. I also got a blood test referral but I’ll go next week I think I’ve had enough things stuck in my arm this week. 
badove and lady u are right. I need to rest. My dr even said the same yesterday. It’s hard for me to stop because of my situation but I kinda don’t have a choice. I am so tired. I fell completely asleep on the couch last night, not dozing just unconscious and that never happens. I just wish someone would take my lil boy out for me I hate seeing him sit on video games. I took him out bowling yesterday with his friend and having polite conversation with his mum was an absolute punish. The pain was making me really edgy. And people pushing past me a few times I actually said out loud “hello!!! Can u see what I’m working with here”

people am I right 🙄

:hug::mybuddy:

• Love 1

[Sh...]

I’m just wondering of my buddies here that have had ops, did u have migraines afterwards? I’m finding I need pain relief for the migraines are as much as my wrist. 
going to try and take a little walk today. Get out in the sunshine ☀️ 

[La...]

Yes on some surgeries I did and other I didn’t. Probably just side effects from the medications they used in surgery, stress of the whole situation and if you’re sleeping poorly. Also any pain medication can have a side effect of a headache. It will fizzle out soon. I think taking a gentle walk is a good idea. If not then just sitting outside to relax. Wishing you a speedy recovery. 
:hug:

• Love 1

[Sh...]

I just thought I’d update x I don’t feel like the op really exasperated any of my sxs. I am greatful for it. The first week I was absolutely exhausted all the time, maybe getting over anesthesia but maybe from being in pain too. My sleep has been 5-6hrs a night, some nights broken but some not. I’ve had 1 really bad like 2 hr night in there, My heart palpitations continue, I had a few days reprieve but yesterday they were very bad. I had a blood test last week to see if there is something causing them but I won’t hold my breath hoping to find something. My tests are always normal. 
I go back to hospital on Tuesday to have the cast removed and a splint put on for 6 weeks. I’m still in pain but I feel like it’s because my arm moves around in the cast because it’s only a half cast. Anyway hopefully I’m healing ok and prognosis is good. I will be glad to get this thing off but it’s going to be a long road back. I can’t really open and close my fingers a huge amount but it’s only been 2 weeks I guess. 

• 2 weeks later...
[op...]

Shayna - I am just catching up here and seeing this - how are you, girl? Give us an update. I just had covid and was expecting to feel like death (which is how i felt when I got in last year) but I managed to get through with just some head vibes and palps, but nothing unbearable. So we are healing. I am glad you handled the anesthesia okay. I hope your palps are better? Give us a report - xo

• Love 1

• 2 weeks later...
[Sh...]

Hello beautiful friend Dec and open road x Thanku for checking in on me! I haven’t been on here much lately x 

Op I’m sorry to hear u had Covid again but it’s great u got over it fast. Ur body remembers so was ready to fight it off the 2nd time. 💪🏾 I was very sick when I had it the first time but the 2nd time wasn’t so bad x I had terrible nerve pain from it. Bizarre virus. Glad ur doing better now x 

I’m ok. My sleep has been all over the place and very difficult lately. I think I’m fully peri menopausal now tho, so I think I’m just in for a real bumpy ride there unfortunately. My Palps are still there but mostly ok. I get them bad when sleep is bad. But yesterday I hardly had any. I reckon they are from hormones too. I just try to get on with my life regardless but some days are hard. 
my wrist isn’t going as well as I hoped.it’s very stiff and surgeon is concerned about if I’ll regain full range. But I have a career to chase so u know what I say to that? 
🖕🖕 pew pew 

• Like 2

[de...]

@[Sh...] Good to hear from you.  Sorry your sleep is still not good.  Yes, those hormone fluctuations can definitely wreak havoc on sleep.  
Hopefully your wrist will continue to improve.  It seems like healing always takes longer than we would like.  
How is the career chasing going??? 

• Love 1

[Sh...]

Thanks dec x yeah last nights sleep was an absolute shocker. Ugh so over it. 
my career chasing has stalled now unfortunately. The next step in my application is the physical exam and I need to be able to do 10 full push ups. I can’t flex my wrist more than 5 degrees atm so I can’t continue 😥