Important Survey - Please Participate ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×

Back in a wave after 8 months :,(

[S_...]

Hi guys I haven't been here for a while and I forgot the password on my previous account so I'm posting on a new one so anyways I'm back because recently I was thrown into a really bad wave after 8 months :( I was doing soo well specially the past 2 months and I thought it was finally over but 5 days ago I masturbated and got thrown into a full blown wave I have no idea why because on month 4 I did masturbate and nothing happened so I have no idea why I'm getting symptoms the second time I did it my symptoms are mild akathisia and sense of impending doom and constant anxiety and feeling very weak  I really regret doing that I feel like it messed up my brain again :,( i tried taking multivitamin but no difference . will i recover from this ? I hope I didn't ruin my chance to recover anyone else had this ? 

[Co...]

Hello @[S_...]. Welcome (back) to BenzoBuddies. I wish it was under better circumstances.

It is quite common to experiences waves of symptoms for some considerable time after quitting benzodiazepines. It is possible that something triggered a 'wave', or the cause could be something indeterminate. And, of course, there could be something else causing your symptoms - it is always wise to have yourself checked out if you are in any doubt.

You will find many member have experienced a reoccurrence of symptoms eight and more months out. But it will pass. Try not to worry about it - these waves (if that is what it is) do pass.