Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Is this OK?

[Th...]

I live in a very isolated region and I take 1 x 0.5mg of Xanax each night for anxiety and panic attacks. I will run out 2 evenings before I can get another perscription. A friend has offered me 2 x Ativan 2.5MG, is it OK to mix these 2 medications?? Please help, I know that xanax is considered to be twice as strongas Ativan so I will only need 1 tablet. Thank you for any assistance .

[Cr...]

There are probably many others that I am sure have done what you are doing. When taking another benzo you just want to make sure the doses are equivalent (.5mg Xan = about 1 mg Ativan).

While people's bodies may react better or worse to one benzo compared to another, taking a different kind is far better/safer option than stopping cold turkey. 

Beyond just the different chemical structure of Ativan compared to Xanax, the fillers may affect how much of the med you metabolize and how quickly. That is a factor as well. Two days shouldn't be too bad.

I hope that with your next script you will try to prevent this situation from repeating itself.