Important Survey - Please Participate ×

My tomato warning

[He...]

Just want to tell that my  wd symtoms get increased 100 times after a meal with any kind of tomatoes in it and it last for maybe 2 days! .Also spizy food is a no-no.

So now i only eat food that is not prossed that seems to help.

I eat tomatoes without any problems. I have heard others say they rev them up though so it must be a thing for some people. I handle spicey food ok to in moderation. To much sugar and caffeine can be bad though.

Edited by [jo...]

There are some people on here who can drink coffee all day and it helps them with head symptoms. They dont have any problems. Everyone reacts in their own way.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, [[j...] said:

I eat tomatoes without any problems. I have heard others say they rev them up though so it must be a thing for some people. I handle spicey food ok to in moderation. To much sugar and caffein can be bad though.

I love food with tomatoes and tomato paste also spicey food ,but have dicovered that i had to stop eating them

1 minute ago, [[H...] said:

I love food with tomatoes and tomato paste also spicey food ,but have dicovered that i had to stop eating them

Did you eat them and react? or did you just read about it?

I notised that i had more panic and anxiety feelings the days i had eaten spaggetti with tomatoe sause and also spicey foods . I just googlet it now after i posted the first post and found out now

• Like 1

As @[jo...] said, everyone reacts differently to food. During my taper I was able to eat everything and I mean everything. I didn’t have to change my diet at all. But some people react to almost everything. The best is to eat a healthy diet and if there’s something you react to, to cut it out. I would just hate to see people become fearful of food that others react to and might never impact them. The actual anxiety about food can increase symptoms.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, [[j...] said:

As @[jo...] said, everyone reacts differently to food. During my taper I was able to eat everything and I mean everything. I didn’t have to change my diet at all. But some people react to almost everything. The best is to eat a healthy diet and if there’s something you react to, to cut it out. I would just hate to see people become fearful of food that others react to and might never impact them. The actual anxiety about food can increase symptoms.

Yes it was just meant as an advice to try stopping eating tomatoes to see if it helps them if  having lots of anxiety and eat tomatoe paste. They might feel better My benzobelly pain also get alot worse after tomatoes sorry for bad english

Keep in mind certain people going through withdrawal found out that they have histamine intolerance. Now I am not sure if histamine intolerance causes panic attacks but, it can cause a multitude of symptoms. Here is a list of High histamine foods: 

Fruit: Citrus fruits, strawberries, bananas, pineapple, pears.

Vegetables: Eggplant, avocado, tomatoes, olives, beans.

Dairy: Cheese, yogurt, processed cheese.

Protein: Canned, smoked, dried meats/fish. Tuna, mackerel, anchovies, shellfish. Sausage, lunchmeat, liver.  Avoid eggs except in small amounts baked in products.

Grains: avoid bleached wheat flour

Flavor: vinegar, soy sauce, hot spices.

Fermented Foods: Beer, Wine, Pickled foods, Kombucha,Sauerkraut, Kimchi

Drinks: coffee, alcohol, black tea, orange juice, lemon water 

Edited by [Jo...]
  • Like 1

Same here, I cannot have tomatoes otherwise it causes severe muscle pain, anxiety and water retention. Can you tolerate almond, cashew, cassava, sweet potatoes?

I am not sure about the spicy food, bcos i eat spicy food everyday since i develop food sensitivity.. might try to cut it off to see if i sleep better without it.