Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Has anyone had a steroid shot without having a setback?

[Pi...]

I might be getting a steroid shot for my “runner’s knee”.  I recently managed to fix my knee through exercise etc but everytime I go up a hill The pain returns for a few days.  Steroids seem to guarantee a return of CNS symptoms.  Just hoping someone didn’t have a problem.

[jo...]

Is the pain from your knee unbeareable? If it were me I would weigh up which is worse, a wave or knee pain, and possibly opt out of the shot if I can live with it.

Having said that I'm not sure how likely a wave would be from a steroid shot. I have read posts about it happening but that doesn't mean it's likely to happen to you. They could just be the minority of unlucky ones.

These decisions are tricky. I'm sure you can find some good advice on here. Good luck!

[Cr...]
1 hour ago, [[P...] said:

I might be getting a steroid shot for my “runner’s knee”.  I recently managed to fix my knee through exercise etc but everytime I go up a hill The pain returns for a few days.  Steroids seem to guarantee a return of CNS symptoms.  Just hoping someone didn’t have a problem.

There are never any guarantees it seems. What works for the goose doesn't always work for the gander. 

That said, I did get a couple steroid injections into my wrist about 2.5 years after my last benzo (1.5 since recovered). I did not experience any issues.

If you decide to go through with it, you may feel anxious after the fact simply due to your own anticipatory anxiety causing you to hyperfocus on your body for symptoms. So try to keep that in mind as a potential scenario.

[An...]

Why not just stop the uphill running? I gave up running many years ago. I get all my aerobic exercise from indoor stationary biking, and I have never suffered an injury from doing this.

[Pi...]

Thanks all for replies.  Good to know Crono that you had no problems.

Antibenzo:  I’m not running - my knee pain returns whenever I walk up any incline.  So basically I can only walk on flat ground which is hard to do.

[Po...]

I have had steroid shots for low back pain and they keep me awake for 2-3 nights and raise my BP

• Like 1

[Cr...]
19 minutes ago, [[P...] said:

I have had steroid shots for low back pain and they keep me awake for 2-3 nights and raise my BP

This is yet another factor to keep in mind. Steroids do have potential side effects no matter who uses them.

Should you experience something like Pokey did and can't sleep for a couple days, don't assume it is a 'setback' to your benzo withdrawal recovery.

• Like 1