Important Survey - Please Participate ×

How to deal with hyperthyreose , anyone ?

[ma...]

The withdrawel symptoms has got worse or at least not getting any better . I got hyperthyreose some weeks ago after an infection . I guess its origion from the stress of withdrawel . Has anyone any experience  about this . I will not take medication . I will work with the root cause instead of treat the symtom . Its a lot if sideeffects too . I dont trust the medical system anymore or the pharma industri .  
Hope you can help . This is an extra burden . Thanks❤️

• Like 1

[ma...]

I am soon 18 months off . Maybe everything gets worse now .

• Sad 1

[PE...]

Have you checked? I had to google what it was.. are you loosing weight?

[ma...]

Its also called Graves diseas . I have never had it before . The worst is inner unease  .Mild akathisia

Also depression I don't know if i have lost weight . I thought it all was withdrawel symptoms. @[PE...]

[PE...]
1 minute ago, [[m...] said:

Its also called Graves diseas . I have never had it before . The worst is inner unease  .Mild akathisia

Also depression I don't know if i have lost weight . I thought it all was withdrawel symptoms. @[PE...]

Ahh.. ok.. I had a crazy akathisia for a long time. So I think I know what you mean by "inner unease" / mild akathisia. It started with having the need to constantly twitch legs and feet's sitting down, when that wasn't enough the robot/zombie walk followed. 

Hope it won't get that bad for you 😶‍🌫️

Wishing you a good evening. 

• Like 1

Hi, @[ma...]) So sorry you're not getting better but i'm sure you will eventually!

I have the opposite, meaning hypothyreose but for me, it's chronical and seems to rather prolong my physical symptoms. You say you never had hyperthyreose untill a few weeks ago, right? I guess it may have smth to do with the withdrawal. At least, i know well a woman who temporarily developed the disease after going ct, 2 years of benzo use. Now she is completely ok,  but her symptoms were really intence before getting well. I think she didn't take any pills to treat it but i don't know for sure.

Sorry, not too much, just something. I wish i could help you more. Healing to you!

[ma...]

It was very helpful @[...] . I got extra fear bc i remember reading about a woman who had so intense withdrawel and got or had problems with thyroid . It did not end well for her at 21 months . Quite well known lady i think in a benzo organisation .I think a lot of that .And i feel doomed as well. It would have been helpful if you knew if that woman you knew used medicine or not . My doctor warned me my levels are very high . But still i want to try changing my diet and use relaxig teknics . 😥

@[ma...], I understand your fear concerning both your thyroid state and possible medication. I try to avoid whatever pills but still take my thyroid medication every day. I started it before this whole benzo experience. I think it just helps my weak-by-nature thyroid gland function well. It's about the only pill i take. Are you completely against all kind of medication? What are you afraid of in their regard?

Sure i'll ask the woman if i have the opportunity. Sending you my support and care!

@[ma...], i've just asked the woman. She says she didn't do anything much about it but the hormones level wasn't too high.

What does your doctor say about it? 

[ma...]

I am afraid of all the side effects , weightgain , hairloss , loss if taste , sore throught its so much. And the woman i mentioned , that ended bad , had many treatments .I think its easier with the treatment you take . You add a hormon you have too little of . In my case it will be to supress the overproduction of that hormon . The doctor said it was very high and that i should take the medicine . But they always do too . I can search for my level and find out . But its strange u got it now in these withdrawel period all the sudden

@[ma...], you never had any troubles with your thyroid gland before and now, after the infection, you've had it for a few weeks, right? Perhaps, I'd keep checking on the thyroid hormones level then. I guess the hormones disorder can probably be caused by your nervous system being hyperreactive due to WD,. Yhe hyper reaction can cause some inadequate temporal changes in the body bc of infection alien substances or whatever. 

As for side effects of any medication...I can understand you here too. I felt mine at once when tried to increase my thyroid gland medication bc the hormone level was too low while tapering. I had to be back to my usual dose.

Hope you'll find the right solution soon. Wish you luck with sll my heart!

[ma...]

Thank you . Have you heard of the story i mention ? She gave up at 21 months ?

44 minutes ago, [[m...] said:

Thank you . Have you heard of the story i mention ? She gave up at 21 months ?

No, i haven't heard. Who is it? I'd read. Just don't think about it too much. We're all different and can have lots of issues of our own apart from benzo WD. Let's believe in the better. I do. It's easier this way even if it feels sometimes just unbearable. We must heal.

• Like 1

[ma...]

Yes . Its a form of dooms thoughts too . That is common i heard . Also health  anxiety . Last year i had  asthma . That was new too . But its better this year .So this is a hard journey for many .I'll just wait and  see  . If it can calm down or not .  Hope you are well as possible

❤️

• Like 1

7 hours ago, [[m...] said:

Yes . Its a form of dooms thoughts too . That is common i heard . Also health  anxiety . Last year i had  asthma . That was new too . But its better this year .So this is a hard journey for many .I'll just wait and  see  . If it can calm down or not .  Hope you are well as possible

❤️

Thank you Yes, the wd symptoms of dooms thoughts and all kinds of anxiety, which are both purely chemical are very common and feel worse than "just" anxiety. They can also stay long and yet are bound to disappear in the end. I know it bc i clearly remember the moment i realised i was free of the chemical uneasiness. Sooner or later, you'll get here too.

Glad you feel a bit better this year. It should be getting better and better by and by. Please, update on your condition from time to time. Hope everything will be ok!

Say hello to your cat from me)

[ma...]

Thank you ,  yes its good i can do a update .Right now i try to figure out what to eat and not too . I must write it up  .So maybe monday i can start with the better food . Margit ( my cat) has been outside . But as soon she comes home .Do you have a pet ?❤️

• Like 1

[PE...]
13 hours ago, [[m...] said:

It was very helpful @[...] . I got extra fear bc i remember reading about a woman who had so intense withdrawel and got or had problems with thyroid . It did not end well for her at 21 months . Quite well known lady i think in a benzo organisation .I think a lot of that .And i feel doomed as well. It would have been helpful if you knew if that woman you knew used medicine or not . My doctor warned me my levels are very high . But still i want to try changing my diet and use relaxig teknics . 😥

I think I know who she was. It's clips on YouTube on a woman crying and pacing. It's a strong and awful vid.

I saw it after my akathisia was over and thanked god/the universal boss, for being alive.

[ma...]

Yes it was grusome to watch @[PE...]. Happy it went away from you .She had that hyperthyreose as i have got . But she had that deseas before benzo wd .Anyway its not a good combination . When i read that , it scared me because it did not end well for her .And i started to think it don't get well for me either since we had the same .

• Like 1

[PE...]
24 minutes ago, [[m...] said:

Yes it was grusome to watch @[PE...]. Happy it went away from you .She had that hyperthyreose as i have got . But she had that deseas before benzo wd .Anyway its not a good combination . When i read that , it scared me because it did not end well for her .And i started to think it don't get well for me either since we had the same .

I can understand you are worried.. but I think the extreme anakthasia is less common then the easier to handle kind.

It feels like I say this in many threads atm but have you tried CBD or THC?

I vape a THC indica strain sometimes for insomnia and my body gets so heavy relaxed and comfy..and it's not psychical addictive.

I have found no negative effects from it. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, [[m...] said:

Thank you ,  yes its good i can do a update .Right now i try to figure out what to eat and not too . I must write it up  .So maybe monday i can start with the better food . Margit ( my cat) has been outside . But as soon she comes home .Do you have a pet ?❤️

No, i don't have a pet but a cat pet seems to be really nice to have around. They're so cute and on their own) 

Just a thought, have you been checked up concerning gluten intolerance? I know ppl here who experienced lots of intence symptoms during wd bc of it. I also was recommended by a doctor to check on it but never did, although try to avoid bread and suchlike. 

What food is wrong if you have hyperthyreose? I think the food must be suitable for me then...(?)

Further healing to you🌺

• Like 1

[De...]

Hi. You could look for AIP diet. It helped me, and  other people I know that have problem with tiroid, so much! 

• Like 1

[ma...]

Thanks everyone .yes i think gluten can be a sinner .

He has a lot with hypthyroidism too .

• Like 1

[De...]

Yes. When i started gluten free diet it really helped a lot, my doctor cant believe my tiroid problem is under control only with that diet change. Also you should check vitamin levels, some vitamin can be really low because our body can extract them from food enough. 

• Like 1