Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Terrified

[Wh...]

I generally don’t seek out these types of forums. However, I find myself lost in desperation and am unsure of an end to this unbearable suffering. 
I have taken 225 mg venlafaxine and 1 mg of clonazepam daily for the past 7 years or so. Recently, clonazepam was on back order so my primary care switched me to lorazepam 1mg. I took it without the clonazepam for about 5 days. The symptoms were unbearable so I checked around and found a pharmacy with clonazepam. I immediately switched back. It has been 3 days back on clonazepam 1 mg. The first day I felt better but I am now having severe dizziness, hot flashes, nausea, extreme anxiety, and panic. 
I am hoping that with time I will even back out. But to be honest, I am absolutely terrified that I will never be the same again. Please help. I don’t want to die. 

[Cr...]

Hello Whipping Boy, welcome to Benzo Buddies.

I can relate to how horrible these feelings can get. Fear of death (sense of impending doom) is a common symptom of anxiety. Anxiety is a very prominent symptom of sudden benzo withdrawal. Since Clonazepam is about twice as strong as Lorazepam your benzo dose was basically cut in half for 5 days. I am shocked that your provider did not notice this discrepency between the med doses. It is understandable why you feel such terror.

Things may settle out for you as more time passes. 3 days is probably not enough time to fully stablize after missing 50% of your usual dose for those 5 days. Try your best to remain calm and pass time as your body acclimates back to your original medication and dose.

I am sure some other members will share similar stories with you about being unexpectedly thrown into withdrawal. Once things have settled down you may want to think about your future plans regarding the use of this med.

I hope things improve quickly for you.

Crono

• Like 1

[PE...]

I belive you be ok just give it some time. From the symptoms it sounds like you're in withdrawal..nassua and vomiting was one of the worst for me. 

Raw ginger helped me some with nassua. 

Good luck 😊