Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Libido

[Sw...]

[Sw...]

Hello, I’ve currently been on 2mg of klonopin over the last 3 years. Over the last years I’ve noticed a massive drop in libido and ED issues, along with sensitivity issues. I’ve tapered down to .5mg over the last 3 weeks. It hasn’t been pleasant and I’m going to really slow down on the drops now. This isn’t the main reason I’m getting off it.

My doctor and me agreed it was just time in general. One thing though is my libido is getting worse with every drop (not that it was great before). Just wondering if people have experienced libido issues when on benzos and when coming off. 

[Cr...]
20 minutes ago, [[S...] said:

One thing though is my libido is getting worse with every drop (not that it was great before).

You said the drops you have made this far have not been pleasant. It is possible that the unpleasant symptoms are effecting your libido. As more symptoms show up or intensify with each drop, I am sure sexual activity feels less and less like a viable activity.

I just want to check that you acknowledge that cutting 2.5 mgs of Klonopin in 3 weeks is an extremely fast taper. Also, sometimes it can take days to weeks to feel the full effect of a cut depending on the half-life and metabolism. Getting off this fast may have been your intention, but I hope you do hold for awhile to see how well your body copes with those huge cuts before resuming your taper.

If I was in your situation I would personally hold at least a month, maybe 2 before resuming. If things don't become too difficult and even somewhat better, you may be the type that can handle a fast taper-rate.

• Like 1

[Sw...]

1.5mgs. But yeah it’s definitely a fast taper. I’m definitely going to hold at .5mg for a few weeks

[Cr...]
47 minutes ago, [[S...] said:

1.5mgs. But yeah it’s definitely a fast taper. I’m definitely going to hold at .5mg for a few weeks

Oops sorry, my brain saw 3 mgs of K for 2 years for some reason.:oops:

Still a fast taper though so I stand by what I said.

• Like 1

[Kr...]
2 hours ago, [[S...] said:

Just wondering if people have experienced libido issues when on benzos and when coming off. 

Yes, very common. 
people here don’t talk about it enough. But yes, I promise you it’s typical for this process and it will resolve with time. 
very jarring to say the least.

[Js...]
On 20/06/2024 at 18:01, [[S...] said:

Just wondering if people have experienced libido issues when on benzos and when coming off. 

Most certainly as Krissirk888 stated.

Fish oil or eating fish in general has helped many symptoms, including libido.

Frankly, I forgot what a healthy libido was until I became sober. Roughly two weeks sober, my body started to remember.

Time, healthy diet, and exercise will more than likely speed the process up. 

Cheers to a woody morning.