Important Survey - Please Participate ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×

Complete overwhelm

[gu...]

Just drove three hours with my husband to a vacation home. Having waves of complete overwhelm from just about nothing. Worst ever. Does this happen to other people?  Feel like I can’t handle a molecule of stress.

• Sad 1

[pi...]

Hello @[gu...],

I'm sorry that the travel was difficult for you. However, you took this big step and should congratulate yourself for this.  Stimulation can put the nervous system on high alert, this is especially true for those going through benzo withdrawal. I hope you can find a space in the house that will allow you to decompress, to breathe, to just be.  I also hope you can enjoy this time.

• Like 1

[kn...]

I can identify with what you’re feeling. Just going out to a grocery store is more than I’m comfortable with. Between the noise, traffic, etc., I’m done in. Usually I need to find a quiet corner and hunker down to mediate or nap after. Our extended family is going to an island B&B for a week long retreat in just a few days. I’m already dreading it. It involves a six hour drive and another hour on a ferry. Just the thought of packing up is more than I can wrap my head around.