Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Work

[ih...]

Are there people that can manage to work and withdraw? Because of my line of work I've had to quit and get a fit note from the gp saying I'm unfit to work. Just generally wondering if anyone can balance the two?

[En...]
54 minutes ago, [[i...] said:

Are there people that can manage to work and withdraw? Because of my line of work I've had to quit and get a fit note from the gp saying I'm unfit to work. Just generally wondering if anyone can balance the two?

I have been debilitated by this so I haven't worked for months. My Dr told me there is no need to be off work to wean off Clonazepam lol. 

I admire anyone who can work during this. They must be some very strong people. 

[ih...]
3 hours ago, [[E...] said:

I have been debilitated by this so I haven't worked for months. My Dr told me there is no need to be off work to wean off Clonazepam lol. 

Why are doctors so stupid, benzos have been around long enough for them to acknowledge the damage they do to people, yet they still insist benzo withdrawal can be completed in 4 weeks and you'll be fine 

• Like 1

[De...]
3 hours ago, [[E...] said:

You are very strong to! Maybe even more stronger then others! You were hit by wd more then them. Every one are diferent! 

• Like 1

[En...]
20 minutes ago, [[D...] said:

You are very strong to! Maybe even more stronger then others! You were hit by wd more then them. Every one are diferent! 

I think we are all strong. We need to be to go through this horror. 

Yes we are all different. My wife can be on benzos and get off of them no problem. 

[En...]
39 minutes ago, [[i...] said:

Why are doctors so stupid, benzos have been around long enough for them to acknowledge the damage they do to people, yet they still insist benzo withdrawal can be completed in 4 weeks and you'll be fine 

Yes Drs are dumb or just dont seem to care about their patients. We are all just dollar signs for them. I also think alot are bought by pharmacy companies. 

• Like 1

[Ca...]

No, private practices are bought out by private equity companies;or they are part of Affordable Care Organizations or any one of many permutations; that's why health care has been ruined.Especially for primary care.

[Kr...]

Im working from home, yes! Remote totally, customer care. Hard moments but I’m handing it has I can. 

• Like 1

[Js...]

I had to resign in order to re-evaluate my life and who I wanted to be. My job was giving me more reasons to take benzo's. 

During my taper and withdrawal, there was no way I would be the same "go-getter" and perfect metrics. I could barely function or sleep. 

I think it's perfectly fine to resign for mental or health reasons. 

The balance I seek is a healthy life. I don't want to be rich or appease my corporate employers to the brink of despair. Perfectly happy being a normal average person if it means staying sober more years than I was not.

• Like 1

[ih...]
23 hours ago, [[J...] said:

I had to resign in order to re-evaluate my life and who I wanted to be. My job was giving me more reasons to take benzo's. 

During my taper and withdrawal, there was no way I would be the same "go-getter" and perfect metrics. I could barely function or sleep. 

I think it's perfectly fine to resign for mental or health reasons. 

The balance I seek is a healthy life. I don't want to be rich or appease my corporate employers to the brink of despair. Perfectly happy being a normal average person if it means staying sober more years than I was not.

That is so true mate I am happy I have a roof over my head and food on the table I think drug withdrawals really make us realise what is important in life 

• Like 3

[An...]
On 19/06/2024 at 11:33, [[i...] said:

I had to file a disability claim in 2008. The tolerance w/d from benzos made it impossible for me to continue working. 

[An...]

PS - I would never resign if disability is an option. Life still has to go on and bills have to be paid. The bill collectors don't care how sick you are from benzos. The stress of having no money to pay your bills just makes w/d that much worse, IMO. 

• Like 1

[ih...]
1 hour ago, [[A...] said:

I had to file a disability claim in 2008. The tolerance w/d from benzos made it impossible for me to continue working. 

The first like 6 months I had such a feeling of shame and self hate cos my missus gets up and goes to work and I had to just accept that I can't work ATM not without upping my dose anyway.