Important Survey - Please Participate ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×

Feel it in my teeth

[co...]

Okay all-- I'm on my *new* taper schedule that is only reducing .125mg every two weeks for my final 1mg of clonazepam. I just went to .875mg yesterday and thought I wouldn't feel anything. Is it still normal to feel sxs at this reduction? Don't know how to describe it other than I feel this "craving" feeling in my teeth and had difficulty concentrating and dealing with the stress of putting kids to bed after a long day's work--not the normal tired/stressed feeling but like almost a vertigo feeling.

Edited by [co...]

[Ru...]

It may be too large of a cut for you. You may want to consider a smaller reduction. 

I'm sure others will respond.

• Like 1

[Pa...]

Hi @[co...], I agree with @[Ru...], it looks as if your body (teeth) is/are telling you to slow down.  I see from your previous posts that your entire taper has been rather rapid.  

I'm sure you know by now that once off the medication, there is a period of recovery that can last many months so its typically my suggestion to use your taper to ensure your post taper experience is mild.  One of the ways we hope to do that is to use the medication to mitigate symptoms as we taper because once off, we're at the symptoms mercy.

Allowing your GABA receptors to recover function as you taper will hopefully mean a milder post taper.  I quit cold turkey and it took over a year for me to recover, so I'm hoping you can use the clonazepam to set yourself up for post taper success. 

• Like 1

[En...]
10 hours ago, [[c...] said:

Okay all-- I'm on my *new* taper schedule that is only reducing .125mg every two weeks for my final 1mg of clonazepam. I just went to .875mg yesterday and thought I wouldn't feel anything. Is it still normal to feel sxs at this reduction? Don't know how to describe it other than I feel this "craving" feeling in my teeth and had difficulty concentrating and dealing with the stress of putting kids to bed after a long day's work--not the normal tired/stressed feeling but like almost a vertigo feeling.

I too am on the last bit of clonazepam and I had to slow my reductions down because of very bad withdrawal symptoms. I bought a scale and am measuring 10% reductions now and I still feel the anxiety and mental symptoms. I think you may be cutting too much at this point. You too may need to slow your taper to the end.