Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Myofascial Massage

I have been in a bad wave the past week, with a ridiculous amount of burning, stinging, and prickling, especially in my legs. It occurred to me that some of the pain could be related to all the muscle tension that comes with withdrawal putting pressure on my spine, causing the sciatica-like symptoms in my legs and the stinging across my back.
I went to a very talented massage therapist this morning, who worked on a number of areas on either side of my spine - from my lower back up into the base of my skull. I had almost immediate relief from the worst of the burning. It is not entirely gone but is tolerable rather than excruciating. Hopefully it lasts awhile. I just thought I’d share in case anyone has wishes to do the same…

• Like 2

[Pa...]

Hello @[...] welcome to BenzoBuddies,

I'm happy to hear the massage was helpful, finding relief for that burning is rare, I hope it lasts.  Are you still tapering or are you recovering?

@[Pa...]

Posted (edited)

@[Pa...] I’m not great at “riding it out,” so  the symptoms increase the anxiety which increases the symptoms and on and on. Vicious cycle. I am about halfway into month four of recovering. 

Edited by [...]
Typo

[Le...]

getting there. pretty sure i have symptoms from use of two drugs i simultaneously Cted. 

11 hours ago, [[L...] said:

getting there. pretty sure i have symptoms from use of two drugs i simultaneously Cted. 

@[Le...] It’s a roller coaster…these waves knock me out. When did you stop the meds?

[Le...]

around 2.5 years ago. massage/stretching was helpful when i first tried it around the 1.5 year mark and i regret not trying it earlier. i was still just trying to survive day to day and not trying much. 

interesting story in the news right now. celine dion and stiff person syndrome. she was highly stressed and had symptoms and got treatment for anxiety and tension. quit meds at start of pandemic and got very very ill  guess what treatment is for that “diagnosis”   diazepam and gabapentin.

she says her symptoms are triggered by stress/light/noise  

i wonder if there is a connection.   

Edited by [Le...]

[Pa...]
6 hours ago, [[L...] said:

interesting story in the news right now. celine dion and stiff person syndrome. she was highly stressed and had symptoms and got treatment for anxiety and tension. quit meds at start of pandemic and got very very ill  guess what treatment is for that “diagnosis”   diazepam and gabapentin.

she says her symptoms are triggered by stress/light/noise  

i wonder if there is a connection.   

There was some discussion about her on this thread. 

[Le...]
51 minutes ago, [[P...] said:

There was some discussion about her on this thread. 

Interesting. imagine me thinking i was sharp to think of that first :)  not so smart i guess. 

• Haha 1