Important Survey - Please Participate ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×

Relapse

[us...]

Does anyone know about how does having taken benzos during a couple years impact on potential future relapses? In my case, I have started taking them again after a couple years of another couple years of taking different kinds because of my unknowledge about the dark stories these have led to (i have recently discovered this forum and the studies against benzos that are being carried lately), but i have just been taking them for a month this second time. The thing is, i have been dealing with neurological-like symptoms before starting benzos the first time (thats why i began), and id like to know if i should do any tapering off in my situation since i cant tell by just looking at my symptoms. This second time, i have been taking 1  to 0.5 MG of lorazepam

@[us...], hi and welcome to BenzoBuddies!) I think there is nothing awful for you to expect. If you've been taking benzo, lorazepam, just for a month this time,  you can come off it quite quickly and i'd start it rather soon. Benzos aren't supposed to be taken long. 

Do you still have the neurological symptoms? How do you feel in general? Any other medications?

Anyway, it's really good you're posting your questions here. I'm sure other members will join in and share their advice. Good luck to you!)

[Ar...]

Hi & welcome ☀️

Have you seen a neurologist for your  neurological symptoms?

Hubby has an underlying neurological condition, so sometimes it is impossible to distinguish between symptoms during and post tapper.

Personally I would start a tapper and see how I was feeling, adjusting dosage accordingly.

I am sure others more knowledgeable than me will chime in, helping you with a tapper dosage plan.