Important Survey - Please Participate ×

In what year does the insomnia go away

[Su...]

I´m in year 4. I still have the inability to stay asleep. I sleep in one hour chunks mostly. Does this ever go away or is it a damage? 
Is here someone who is in year 5 who has recovered from that? Has someone seen someone who recovered from that after year 4? I have no improvement in that symptom. I´m talking about the inabililty to stay asleep and no general insomnia.
I want to know what to exspect from next year. The inabililty to stay asleep stops me to go on with my life.
I also still have something like migraines, where I have a burning pain all over my body.
I also still suffer from heart palpations.
The bladder spasms are also still there.
I had polyneuropathy all over my body the fist years. That is better since the end of year 3.

[fa...]
7 hours ago, [[S...] said:

I´m in year 4. I still have the inability to stay asleep. I sleep in one hour chunks mostly. Does this ever go away or is it a damage? 
Is here someone who is in year 5 who has recovered from that? Has someone seen someone who recovered from that after year 4? I have no improvement in that symptom. I´m talking about the inabililty to stay asleep and no general insomnia.
I want to know what to exspect from next year. The inabililty to stay asleep stops me to go on with my life.
I also still have something like migraines, where I have a burning pain all over my body.
I also still suffer from heart palpations.
The bladder spasms are also still there.
I had polyneuropathy all over my body the fist years. That is better since the end of year 3.

Have you taken or are you on any other med?  Lexapro gave me sleep issues. 

[Cr...]

@[Su...] I know a couple people that have similar issues as you do in regards to sleep that have never used benzos or went through withdrawal. Some had no trouble falling asleep but were constantly/easily woken up throughout the night.

Before just telling you to wait even longer for this to correct itself on its own, I think it would be prudent to rule out any other potential sources to this problem if you had not already done so. Here are some rapidfire questions. You don't need to answer them individually for me. They are mainly being listed as a way to see if there is anything you may have overlooked

-Have you had bloodwork done recently to check hormone and vitamin levels? 

- if female and between ages of 45 to 55, have you taken menopause as a potential factor. 

-When you go to sleep, are all sources of light (especially blue) off in your room?

-Do you make sure not to eat a lot of carbs and sugar several hours before bed?

-Have you looked into your mattress type or pillow arrangement affecting your sleep?

-like @[fa...] said, are you on other meds that could be contributing to this?

I am not going to ask about what meds or supplements you have tried for sleep because at this point you have probably tried many if not most.

• Like 1

[Su...]

Thank you for your answers. I believed in the beginning what I read here: the people who don´t heal did reinstate or not tell the truth or take other meds...
I never reinstated and I don´t take any meds at all!
The inabibility to stay aleep is constant since I stopped the benzos. 
I never had any insomnia before. And of course no normal person has this. I sleep in one hour chunks and it is each and every night. 
I got damaged nerves all over my body from stopping the benzos (polyneuropathy). The burning pain is better since the end of year 3. But my brain is still very damaged from this.
I only want to know if someone has ever seen a person who recovered from the inabibility to stay aleep? I read in this forum, that if you still have it after 2 years, it will never go away.

• Like 1

[PE...]
5 minutes ago, [[S...] said:

Thank you for your answers. I believed in the beginning what I read here: the people who don´t heal did reinstate or not tell the truth or take other meds...
I never had any insomnia before. And of course no normal person has this. I sleep in one hour chunks and it is each and every night. 
I got damaged nerves all over my body from stopping the benzos (polyneuropathy). The burning pain is better since the end of year 3. But my brain is still very damaged from this.
I only want to know if someone has ever seen a person who recovered from the inabibility to stay aleep? I read in this forum, that if you still have it after 2 years, it will never go away.

Hi!

Have you tried THC/CBD?

It helps me better than even benzos for sleep. 

[Su...]
Posted (edited)

I tried CBD 2 years ago for a long time. I don´t know if it did anything. But it was very expensive.

I am looking for someone who had the insomnia longer than 3 years and who recovered from it. I see in this forum some people who are like me in year 4 and who didn´t heal from it.

Edited by [Su...]

[PE...]
3 minutes ago, [[S...] said:

I tried CBD 2 years ago for a long time. I don´t know if it did anything. But it was very expensive.

I am looking for someone who had the insomnia longer than 3 years and who recovered from it. I see in this forum some people who are like me in year 4 and who didn´t heal from it.

I don't know what country you live in but i would look at a indica strain THC/weed type.. it's what used for insomnia. 

You might look at the long hauliers group

I have problem falling asleep sometimes. So i can be up for a couple of days. 

[fa...]
4 hours ago, [[S...] said:

Do you ever have times where it js better? It sounds like you are waking up at the end of each sleep cycle. 

[Cr...]
5 hours ago, [[S...] said:

I read in this forum, that if you still have it after 2 years, it will never go away.

I am curious where you read that. There is no consensus among members that 2 years marks the point where symptoms will no longer improve. My guess is you read a post from someone in a protracted withdrawal that was an expression of frustration about a persistent symptom.

[Su...]

The inability to stay asleep is constant. Each and every night. I have no improvement in this symptom. It must be low serotonin? That is what I found on google as cause for constant wake-ups. Yes, I´m obviously waking up at the end of each sleep cycle. What else in the brain is out of order that causes this?

The other nerves in my body are healing, so I hope my brain can recover as well. The burning of my skin, and I had a wet feeling of the skin on my legs, that symptom is better since the end of year 3.

On 18/06/2024 at 03:45, [[C...] said:

I am curious where you read that. There is no consensus among members that 2 years marks the point where symptoms will no longer improve. My guess is you read a post from someone in a protracted withdrawal that was an expression of frustration about a persistent symptom.

That´s why I wanted to find someone who is in year 5 or 6 and who has recovered from it. But so far I only found some people in year 4 who still have it.

My insomnia was during the first year. For 3 months i slept an average of 3.5 hours per night. Sleep is better now ,usually sleeping 7 hrs. The only bad part is waking up about every 2 hrs thinking it’s time to get up.

music60

My sleep is still all over the place at 5 months. Sometimes 1 hour sometimes six (Broken) It's really frustrating. I cant help but feel the better the sleep the more the healing.

It's one of my lingering symptoms 8 months out.

I use a THC/CBD from time to time and it works sooo good. Better than those benzos that took me here.

• Like 2

Sunny2

I suggest you stop searching google.  And, everyone is different.  We all heal at different paces.  I am 5 years off and i have brain fog and cognitive issues that impact my life everyday.  This especially impacts my job performance.

I would take insomnia over cognitive impairment any day

Hingie

1 hour ago, [[H...] said:

It really bothers me when we start comparing symptoms to see who has it worse. It’s not a competition and it feels demoralising to the person who is reaching out for support for that specific symptom.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, [[H...] said:

Sunny2

I suggest you stop searching google.  And, everyone is different.  We all heal at different paces.  I am 5 years off and i have brain fog and cognitive issues that impact my life everyday.  This especially impacts my job performance.

Hingie

You probably couldn't do your job with my insomnia. I can not even book a ticket for anything in advance. It ruins every day of my live. And of course I have cognitive impairment from it. It is torture to sleep one hour only and then be wide awake for 30 minutes again or even 2 hours.

Edited by [Su...]
  • Like 1

Hang in there.  Its all we can do.  Stress triggers the brain fog for me and i hate it.

My insomnia went away after a month