Important Survey - Please Participate ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×

Concerned my diet is what is making my withdrawal protracted...

[Bi...]

I am 27months off K, and I know that part of the reason it's protracted is probably due to having had to go onto other AEDs after coming off of it (as that's why I was prescribed it in the first place), but with all the posts I do get very confused about my diet.

I have had improvements throughout and this past weekend I had a real improvement in my headspace, as I feel a lot more like myself which is good, but that may be as in the past few weeks I have really cut down my sugar intake (this has varied a bit throughout, although never been really high), plus increasing my intake of fruit and making my snacks a lot more wholesome. But then things like carbs I have had to have throughout - although my appetite was extremely low and just slowly picked up over time - due to how all food worked out for meals and things. I am now trying to cut down carbs and gluten where possible and things - based on what I see helps other people - just to see if it can improve anything. 

Has anyone been okay with things like carbs? As worried how else I will go forward to keep getting on top of symptoms?

[En...]
3 hours ago, [[B...] said:

I am 27months off K, and I know that part of the reason it's protracted is probably due to having had to go onto other AEDs after coming off of it (as that's why I was prescribed it in the first place), but with all the posts I do get very confused about my diet.

I have had improvements throughout and this past weekend I had a real improvement in my headspace, as I feel a lot more like myself which is good, but that may be as in the past few weeks I have really cut down my sugar intake (this has varied a bit throughout, although never been really high), plus increasing my intake of fruit and making my snacks a lot more wholesome. But then things like carbs I have had to have throughout - although my appetite was extremely low and just slowly picked up over time - due to how all food worked out for meals and things. I am now trying to cut down carbs and gluten where possible and things - based on what I see helps other people - just to see if it can improve anything. 

Has anyone been okay with things like carbs? As worried how else I will go forward to keep getting on top of symptoms?

I am food sensitive. I have to watch what I eat or the next day is a bad day. I eat lots of fruit and eggs and whole grain bread and chicken and fresh vegetables and lots of romain lettuce with no sauce.

I have to eat plain no seasoning or sauces. I eat a variety of nuts for snacks. 

If I want to try something new I try it one day and see how it affects me. It is hard to find anything satisfying to eat. I have cut my sugar intake alot. I noticed I have lost lots of weight. 

• Like 1

[Bi...]

Ah that makes sense, thank you.

I do need to review how I've been eating more clearly - as I can see a definitely improvement in how I feel since I started eating more fruit and having more smoothies, and can't see any problems caused by the wholemeal bread I've had and things. 

I just have a real tendency of overthinking it and getting myself into more anxiety and worry, instead of sitting back and looking at it logically. But where my head is feeling a bit better I can think about it a bit more logically. 

• Like 1

[mi...]

This issue is also important to me. I watch my diet and do my best to feel better. Recently, I decided to devote more time to sports and activities in general. Running has become my favorite thing now. Having found a lot of useful things here https://betterme.world/articles/running-3-miles-calories/, I realized that I need to pay more attention not only to my mental but also to my physical condition

Edited by [mi...]