Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Muscles are soft

[fa...]

Has anyone ever had issues with their muscles being soft and not thick, not contracting right?  My neck muscles are a huge problem 

[Ja...]

Get a pull up bar bud,,that’s what I got to keep some upper body strength,.still losing a lot of weight though

[fa...]
18 minutes ago, [[J...] said:

Get a pull up bar bud,,that’s what I got to keep some upper body strength,.still losing a lot of weight though

No it comes and goes.  Like the muscles don't contract.  Then a few days later they will be normal.  

[fa...]

A neurologist told me a signal is getting messed up between brain and muscle but there is no test for that. 

[Ja...]

Most probably,..I’ve been lucky with physical symptoms up to now apart from being fatigued some days,.it’s mainly mental symptoms for me

im getting the mind set now that no mater what happens,,.lose muscles,look stick thin etc etc,.there’ll  be a day to bounce back buddy 

I’m just hoping my mind don’t give in lol

[fa...]
5 minutes ago, [[J...] said:

Most probably,..I’ve been lucky with physical symptoms up to now apart from being fatigued some days,.it’s mainly mental symptoms for me

im getting the mind set now that no mater what happens,,.lose muscles,look stick thin etc etc,.there’ll  be a day to bounce back buddy 

I’m just hoping my mind don’t give in lol

It's hard. 

[Be...]

Yes I am having this problem iny left arm and left leg. Though leg symptoms has reduced but arm still having issue. Don't know when my arm will get its strength back

[Jo...]

@[fa...],

I have the same problem too. Add on top of that they feel weirdly tight. That Is why try to do my best to do stretches for mobility purposes. 

All this is happening to our muscles mainly due to down-regulation of our gaba receptors. And of course glutamate takes over making are muscles over stimulated. Here is an article that talks more about it. 
https://benzowithdrawalhelp.com/for-bwd-bind-sufferers/muscular-issues-in-benzodiazepine-withdrawal/

Edited by [Jo...]

[fa...]
8 hours ago, [[B...] said:

Yes I am having this problem iny left arm and left leg. Though leg symptoms has reduced but arm still having issue. Don't know when my arm will get its strength back

How long have you been off?  I took a few sleeping pills but lexapro is really what caused this for me

[fa...]
3 hours ago, [[J...] said:

@[fa...],

I have the same problem too. Add on top of that they feel weirdly tight. That Is why try to do my best to do stretches for mobility purposes. 

All this is happening to our muscles mainly due to down-regulation of our gaba receptors. And of course glutamate takes over making are muscles over stimulated. Here is an article that talks more about it. 
https://benzowithdrawalhelp.com/for-bwd-bind-sufferers/muscular-issues-in-benzodiazepine-withdrawal/

I remember we have a lot of similar symptoms 

[Jo...]

@[fa...],
Yeah, I’m 9.5 months off of k. I have been taking a low dose of Amitriptyline for sleep. I was worried about it making my systems worse at first but it is very hard say what is causing what. 

Edited by [Jo...]

[Be...]
On 17/06/2024 at 16:22, [[f...] said:

How long have you been off?  I took a few sleeping pills but lexapro is really what caused this for me

Two years off from benzo but got fever and stomach infection in April and bad luck I had antibiotics and within 24 hours max all symptoms came back with bang. And now nearly two months have gone most symptoms have reduced apart from my left arm weakness and slight numb. This benzo had really ruined my life.