Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Reinstate question?

[Go...]

What is the latest anyone has ever heard of someone reinstating?  When, if ever, does it just become starting Benzo all over again?

[Cr...]

I would imagine being fully recovered and going back on a benzo wouldn't count as reinstatement. Reinstatement is basically when someone still going through recovery from benzo use goes back on them to try to find relief from the symptoms experienced during their recovery.

In the end it really doesn't matter what one calls it. That is just semantics and won't affect anything.

Whether you want to call it reinstatement or a new round, that will not change the outcome of how going back on benzos is going to affect you.

If one were to reinstate 16 months later and get little to no relief or even get worse, I imagine it would be heartbreaking to feel like all that progress was lost for no benefit.

Edited by [Cr...]
  • Like 2

[be...]
6 hours ago, [[G...] said:

What is the latest anyone has ever heard of someone reinstating?  When, if ever, does it just become starting Benzo all over again?

mAYBE I will reinstate tonight

[So...]

I know it is tempting, but if you were unwell as you said on the benzo, Gonzo, I wouldn't do it.  I'd way rather see you try and adjunctive medication first.  I am in a terrible acute like wave at a year off, so it is not abnormal for you to not be healed yet, esp in more severe cases like ours.  It will come :)

[be...]
Just now, [[S...] said:

I know it is tempting, but if you were unwell as you said on the benzo, Gonzo, I wouldn't do it.  I'd way rather see you try and adjunctive medication first.  I am in a terrible acute like wave at a year off, so it is not abnormal for you to not be healed yet, esp in more severe cases like ours.  It will come :)

what is the adjunctive medication?

[So...]

Oh, I mean there are lots of options and nothing is going to work for the same person.  Beta blockers or Gabapentin probably come to mind first.

[be...]
32 minutes ago, [[S...] said:

Oh, I mean there are lots of options and nothing is going to work for the same person.  Beta blockers or Gabapentin probably come to mind first.

i got electric joltz when i tried gapentin. 

[Kr...]
On 17/06/2024 at 01:37, [[S...] said:

Beta blockers

People think these aren’t potent drugs and I couldn’t disagree more.

just saying the benefit was minimal and the wd effects when the pill wears off were terrible, almost like a worsening of sympathetic nervous system discord. Breathing, heart racing, anxiety. No thank you.

• Like 1