Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Mirtazapine WD

[Di...]

Using MIRT on and off for 6 months, sometime once or twice a week some times for days at a time and most recently four weeks in a row...mostly half dose 15mg

Stopped Cold Turkey due to low dose and relatively low usage two weeks ago and have been high in the anxiety department and suffering somewhat

Could my time on MIRT and WD be responsible ya think?

[Cr...]

Its hard to tell with ADs. Some people become dependent after a couple weeks while others can stop cold turkey after more than a year with little problems.

You basically were only on it 4 weeks straight? That could be enough time for a minor withdrawal that may be short-lived.

Your symptoms could also be worse now because the mirt was supressing your anxiety some. Or you may have just entered a wave recently. Its hard to pinpoint.

You plan on staying off of mirt regardless of what you are currently facing?

[jo...]
57 minutes ago, [[D...] said:

Yes Siree...staying off 'em...thanks  :)

Hi Dizzypam. Did you find the mirt useful to you in any way?

[fa...]
3 hours ago, [[D...] said:

Using MIRT on and off for 6 months, sometime once or twice a week some times for days at a time and most recently four weeks in a row...mostly half dose 15mg

Stopped Cold Turkey due to low dose and relatively low usage two weeks ago and have been high in the anxiety department and suffering somewhat

Mirt has its own side effects and discontinuation issues.  

[fa...]
3 hours ago, [[D...] said:

Mirt has its own side effects and discontinuation issues.  

https://www.facebook.com/groups/324433844869045/

[Di...]
29 minutes ago, [[j...] said:

Hi Dizzypam. Did you find the mirt useful to you in any way?

John

Best ever at half dose for sleeping and if you are anyway underweight with depression MIRT will enable you to eat yourself through the household

• Like 1

[Hu...]

Some ppl say it's "just a strong anti-histamine", wrong! It definitely is a medication you should taper because the withdrawal is real. I just took 0.1mg of the pill every other day.

Edited by [Hu...]

[So...]

Mirt WD could 100% be the reason & probably is... I was "only" on it for 2 months before I had a vicious time trying to get off... so no it's totally expected, maybe reinstate a smaller dose & taper off :)