A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×

Brain fog on Xanax/brain fog off Xanax Lose-lose.

[b1...]

Late 20's, been on Xanax for 3 years. I cut myself down to 1MG used to take around 6 MG a day. Severe anxiety. Tried antidepressants but no medicine seems to work for me. It's to the point that Xanax no longer works, I just take it to keep the withdrawals off. Feeling like I have dementia at young 20s because of this stuff. Is it normal to feel this way even when you're on Xanax? I want to cold turkey off or go off completely within a week if possible I really don't feel like myself because of this poison that used to help me get through anything, I Feel like my brain is tired.

[Co...]

Hello @[Yo...]. Welcome to BenzoBuddies.

Well done with reducing the your dose of 6mg Xanax all the way down to 1mg/day. Over what timeframe did you taper down? And for how long have you been at 1mg?

1mg is not a low dose - I strongly suggest that you do not quit it cold turkey. If you do, the chances are that your symptoms will become a whole lot worse, and they could well stick around for far longer than you think possible.

What dose pills do you use? Xanax is generally available in 0.25mg doses, which - with some effort - might be reduced to even smaller doses if necessary.

If you answer the above questions, we will help you devise a plan.

• Like 3