Important Survey - Please Participate ×

So not many people have electricty in the head 24/7 right?

[be...]

So I CTed Xanax 44 days ago and  the electricity is in my head 24/7

I dont even know if they are small focal seizures all the time.

I searched electricity here and only very few posts came up and they are years old. all the recent posts were witten by me.

These are not typical brain zaps.

These are paintful electrical knots or something that are in my head 24/7.

also, when i lay down, i can feel my heart beat in my head.

I know that it could be kindling if I reinstate after 44 days and taper.

But maybe I should get reinstated before it is too late because my case is one of the worst cases on this site.

Emotional things are nothing compared to this. My brain is getting fried or microwaved. And I also feel like someones flattening the winkles on my brain with an iron. My brain is tortured.  I dont even know where it comes from.

I'm really scared to reinstate and taper agaim because idk if it will get any better. But my symptoms look like the worst case here.

It seems like people who only have some emotional issues and some minor symptoms like tremor, insomnia and heart palticipations tell u not to reinstate but if u have a head that is like microwaved all the time, it might be hard to just say "hang in there."

idk what to do now. im just so lost here after 44 days.

i have to make a decision soon. maybe today... this is beyond torture.

Edited by [be...]
  • Sad 1

[jo...]

I've heard quite a lot mention this symptom I think it's fairly common. I don't think it is related to kindling. In fact kindling is just a theory like a lot of ideas people have about the 'why's' and the 'reasons for' the different things regarding this syndrome. It sounds horrible but it will pass like every other nasty symptom we have. Keep going!

Edited by [jo...]

[be...]
Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, [[j...] said:

I've heard quite a lot mention this symptom I think it's fairly common. I don't think it is related to kindling. In fact kindling is just a theory like a lot of ideas about the 'why's' and the 'reasons for' the different things regarding this syndrome. It sounds horrible but it will pass like every other nasty symptom we have. Keep going!

hi. i didnt mean that electricity comes from kindling. i mean i might reinstate eventhough reinstating could be kindling. thank u

Edited by [be...]

[jo...]
Just now, [[b...] said:

hi. i didnt mean that electricity comes from kindling. i mean i might reinstate eventhough reinstating could be kindling. thank u

I'm not sure it's even a real thing but if your still in acute, which it sounds like you are, then this is the best time to reinstate. If you choose to. I think the chances of success diminish the longer you leave it. If your symptoms are becoming unbearable then the sooner the better. It's a big decission but you have to do whats right for you.

• Like 1

[be...]
Just now, [[j...] said:

I'm not sure it's even a real thing but if your still in acute, which it sounds like you are, then this is the best time to reinstate. If you choose to. I think the chances of success diminish the longer you leave it. If your symptoms are becoming unbearable then the sooner the better. It's a big decission but you have to do whats right for you.

i see. im really scared though...

[jo...]

It is scary but your not that far out really and it sounds like your still in acute. Reinstating is recomended in the acute phase if it is going to be done. I think the success rate is quite good in this instance. Dont make any decisions just yet. I'm sure there are buddies here who have experience in reinstating and they can advise you in more detail. Hopefully they'll be along soon. 

• Like 1

[Cr...]
35 minutes ago, [[b...] said:

i see. im really scared though...

You were on Xanax for a total 2 weeks and then spent 3 more weeks tapering. For such a short-term use your taper rate was probably the right thing to do.

Since you were affected so negatively from a relatively short use, it would not have made sense to subject yourself to a long 6+ month taper as that would just further expose you to a medication that you are obviously highly sensitive to and possibly make your post-benzo withdrawal symptoms far worse than they are now.

If you are thinking about going back on Xanax for the sole purpose to do a 'retry' at tapering in hopes the electrical sensations cease there is a great likelihood you will be disappointed with the results.

Not only could you be dealing with issues like interdose withdrawal and tolerance, but you will also have to contend with the symptoms that come with making cuts during a taper.

Also there is a strong possibility that Xanax could stop working a few months after reinstating and actually 'cause' you paradoxical symptoms. Only this time you will be forced to stay on the medication (due to greater physical dependence) making you feel awful during your long taper.

If you were on Xanax for many months or years and did a 3 week taper...then reinstatement would be a more viable solution depending on the circumstances. As things stand, you are probably better off looking forward and not backward.

When the day comes that you start feeling a lot better, you will be thanking yourself for choosing not to go back on Xanax. With your anxiety level and fear, I worry that should a reinstatement go wrong you will become far more anxious and fearful than you are now.

Use this time to learn/practice coping skills for anxiety so you never have to rely on such pills again.

Edited by [Cr...]
  • Like 2

[Kr...]

Keep in mind there are a lot more people experiencing very difficult symptoms who are way too sick to be on a form or post. 
I was one of them.

i had lots of symptoms not really talked about on here. Still have some!

[Ba...]
44 minutes ago, [[K...] said:

Keep in mind there are a lot more people experiencing very difficult symptoms who are way too sick to be on a form or post. 
I was one of them.

i had lots of symptoms not really talked about on here. Still have some!

Hi @[Kr...]how are you now and how long have you been off? 

Benzoisbad,

I hope your symptoms lift a little soon. It would suck to have to reinstate.  

[Kr...]
7 hours ago, [[b...] said:

So I CTed Xanax 44 days ago and  the electricity is in my head 24/7

I dont even know if they are small focal seizures all the time.

I searched electricity here and only very few posts came up and they are years old. all the recent posts were witten by me.

These are not typical brain zaps.

These are paintful electrical knots or something that are in my head 24/7.

also, when i lay down, i can feel my heart beat in my head.

I know that it could be kindling if I reinstate after 44 days and taper.

But maybe I should get reinstated before it is too late because my case is one of the worst cases on this site.

Emotional things are nothing compared to this. My brain is getting fried or microwaved. And I also feel like someones flattening the winkles on my brain with an iron. My brain is tortured.  I dont even know where it comes from.

I'm really scared to reinstate and taper agaim because idk if it will get any better. But my symptoms look like the worst case here.

It seems like people who only have some emotional issues and some minor symptoms like tremor, insomnia and heart palticipations tell u not to reinstate but if u have a head that is like microwaved all the time, it might be hard to just say "hang in there."

idk what to do now. im just so lost here after 44 days.

i have to make a decision soon. maybe today... this is beyond torture.

I feel the same as you… trying not to reinstant it. 😕

• Like 1

[be...]
32 minutes ago, [[K...] said:

I feel the same as you… trying not to reinstant it. 😕

when did u jump?

[be...]
2 minutes ago, [[K...] said:

8 weeks off! 

im 6 weeks off. this electricity is painful.

are you going to keep going without reinstating?

[Kr...]
6 minutes ago, [[b...] said:

im 6 weeks off. this electricity is painful.

are you going to keep going without reinstating?

I’m trying yes! I think this will happen everytime I will let the piles go. So I will try to endure and do my best to live my best with this condition. Hope it’s a short symptom 

@[be...] I think there are lots of terrifying symptoms not mentioned much on this forum. Now that you mentioned yours, I remembered my son said he felt like his brain was moving around inside his skull when he was in acute, also that it was like he was trembling under his skin, his legs were moving when they weren't, weird things like that. Also feeling his heart beat in different parts of his body.

Only he was feeling too bad to even look at his phone much less write here. 

He did not reinstate and everything settled down eventually and faded away, making way for other problems but that's just how this goes. I've thought a lot about if not reinstating was the best decision, if it would've been easier to updose etc but now I'm convinced this was the best route for him because, just as Crono told you, he responded very badly to the meds despite being on them for a very short time.

Anyway, I know this is a very personal decision and everyone is different! Just don't think your case is worse than others.

• Love 1