Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Car trip

[Kr...]

[Kr...]

God, just spent 6 hours in a car with a loud woman who talked nonstop and was like a hyper toddler vocally. I’m seriously ramped up so badly that I have had to have an ice pack on my head and eyes to attempt to calm down.

i was getting so angry at her for being unaware of how upset she was making everyone in the van. Plus, wearing a ton of sweat heavy perfume that was making me nauseous. 
my throat is still tight from inhaling those toxic fumes.

[Cr...]

Wow, I feel for you. Some members may assume you have the patience of a saint as many likely could not tolerate that situation, even without withdrawal factored in, and would have had an outburst.

I hope the stress from this trip is short-lived and that you never have to smell that perfume again, lest it cause ptsd. I would have said screw it and opened a window even if others objected. But something tells me her perfume was so strong that even an open window would have done little to help. (Plus many Vans only have windows that open outward slightly, not fully roll down.)

Edited by [Cr...]

[Kr...]

The perfume was so potent I felt like the fumes were adhering to my clothing and any exposed surface on the vehicle. 
I was sticking my nose under the collar of my shirt, it was so obvious that it was making me sick.

She had no awareness whatsoever of anyone else. She was super manic. 
I had to do three sinus rinses and wash my mouth out with salt water to attempt to be free of the smell. Wiped my entire body down with rubbing alcohol. 
It was traumatic.

[Cr...]
1 hour ago, [[K...] said:

The perfume was so potent I felt like the fumes were adhering to my clothing and any exposed surface on the vehicle. 
I was sticking my nose under the collar of my shirt, it was so obvious that it was making me sick.

She had no awareness whatsoever of anyone else. She was super manic. 
I had to do three sinus rinses and wash my mouth out with salt water to attempt to be free of the smell. Wiped my entire body down with rubbing alcohol. 
It was traumatic.

Great. After reading your descriptive post I can literally smell cheap perfume now. Proof that some things truly can be psychosomatic.:crazy:

I hope this was a one-off situation and you won't be forced to interact with this woman again in a closed area. If so bring a gas mask and just say you are still worried about covid.

[Kr...]
1 minute ago, [[C...] said:

Great. After reading your descriptive post I can literally smell cheap perfume now. Proof that some things truly can be psychosomatic.:crazy:

I hope this was a one-off situation and you won't be forced to interact with this woman again in a closed area. If so bring a gas mask and just say you are still worried about covid.

Omg. If I ever see her anywhere ever again, I’ll end up in jail most likely from going postal. 
Her name even suited her perfectly, Ethel Rose.

[Kr...]

The scent was like super strong cheap roses and like a honey/nectar smell.

It’s like when someone burns a candle called sugar cookies and cream or something horrible like that but add roses.

[Jo...]
1 hour ago, [[K...] said:

The scent was like super strong cheap roses and like a honey/nectar smell.

It’s like when someone burns a candle called sugar cookies and cream or something horrible like that but add roses.

Omg i feel for you, the smell and her talking nonstop 😱 Did the scent go through your clothes as well? I’ve had that happen and washed everything and showered and washed my hair as it went through my hair 😢

Hope your feeling better now with no lingering smell on you. Female here and I cannot wear any perfume at all