Important Survey - Please Participate ×

I need help figuring out split pills

[an...]

Thank you but i am not good with metric measurements.   What would the equal to if i was tapering my medication. Klonopin is not dispensed in that strength.  I was thinking if cut a 1mg pill in two it would equal to .5 and if i cut into four pieces those pieces would be .25 each. Am I right or way off?  

4 hours ago, [[a...] said:

I was thinking if cut a 1mg pill in two it would equal to .5 and if i cut into four pieces those pieces would be .25 each. Am I right or way off?

I don’t think I fully understand your question, or situation, however the quoted statement/question above would be reasonably accurate. 

Are you using a scale Anne ? Because that's the way to do it if you want accuracy and FHL's info is correct and he a taught me :) I started out thinking snipping a tablet was accurate, I was way off when I found my scale, under 20 dollars, and started weighing ;) oregonlady PS My clonazepam 1mg weighs an average of .170 g and I get that on my mg jewelry scale by weighing 10 tabs to get the average.

Edited by [or...]

@[an...] It seems like you are getting confused about the weight of the pill versus the weight of the active ingredient in the pill.  If your 1 mg tablet does indeed weigh 0.180 grams, then only 0.001 grams of that total weight is Klonopin (or 1 mg).  The rest of the weight is fillers and binders (0.179 grams is all fillers and binders).  Similarly, if your halve the pill (accurately), there will be only 0.0005 grams of active ingredient (or 0.5 mg).  So, as @[Fa...] has stated, 0.140 grams of your pill with all the fills and binders included contains 0.778 mg of Klonopin (active ingredient).

Does that help?

2 hours ago, [[E...] said:

@[an...] It seems like you are getting confused about the weight of the pill versus the weight of the active ingredient in the pill.  If your 1 mg tablet does indeed weigh 0.180 grams, then only 0.001 grams of that total weight is Klonopin (or 1 mg).  The rest of the weight is fillers and binders (0.179 grams is all fillers and binders).  Similarly, if your halve the pill (accurately), there will be only 0.0005 grams of active ingredient (or 0.5 mg).  So, as @[Fa...] has stated, 0.140 grams of your pill with all the fills and binders included contains 0.778 mg of Klonopin (active ingredient).

Does that help?