A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×

What is happening

[An...]

Hey buddies I cut 14 days ago. I hit a peak day 7-12. Today I woke up and it feels like I’ve gone cold turkey. It’s day 14 since my last cut, internal tremors, tremors, anxiety, ocd, so many symptoms what is happening ? Is this a wave 

Not sure what it can mean. Perhaps smth kind of accumulated cuts effect(?) or a wave. i had such experience in my penultimate month of benzo tapering. I was completely put off and really thinking of up-dosing but then i suddenly felt better. 

Feel really sorry for you, @[An...], just don't panic over it. Such things happen and however frightening and hardly bearable, they don't usually mean something is actually wrong with you. Hope you soon feel better!)

• Love 1

[En...]
3 hours ago, [[A...] said:

Hey buddies I cut 14 days ago. I hit a peak day 7-12. Today I woke up and it feels like I’ve gone cold turkey. It’s day 14 since my last cut, internal tremors, tremors, anxiety, ocd, so many symptoms what is happening ? Is this a wave 

I had this as well. I believe my previous cuts caught up to me. I think some people get affected later in their tapers. Or perhaps it is PAWS from earlier cuts. Or perhaps you are something or took supplements something different in your daily routine that set you back.

[An...]
46 minutes ago, [[E...] said:

I had this as well. I believe my previous cuts caught up to me. I think some people get affected later in their tapers. Or perhaps it is PAWS from earlier cuts. Or perhaps you are something or took supplements something different in your daily routine that set you back.

Does paws start once you are off completely or tapering 

[An...]
46 minutes ago, [[E...] said:

How long did this last for you. Praying for you my friend 

[Pa...]
1 hour ago, [[E...] said:

I believe my previous cuts caught up to me.

Hi @[An...], I've seen this happen with tapers, what have the rest of your reductions looked like, do you reduce according to symptoms or are you on a schedule?

[En...]
40 minutes ago, [[A...] said:

How long did this last for you. Praying for you my friend 

I had this for almost 3 weeks. It got better on week 4

[En...]
41 minutes ago, [[A...] said:

Does paws start once you are off completely or tapering 

I think it is unknown. It is a theory. 

• Sad 1

[or...]

Hi @[An...], I love your username, hope I didn't say that before, but I guess it's worth repeating ;)

I've found my "holding" times can vary, even if I'm doing the exact same amount of taper.  My symptoms, intensity of, depend a lot on what I am eating, drinking, and how much physical activity I've had.  Most of all, my anxiety can shoot up from things I used to cope with very well, but not at this time of tapering for me.

If you are doing a "planned" amount of days and amount of taper, it will probably vary, maybe a lot like you are experiencing now.  I do a strictly "go by how I feel" plan.  I will hold for 5 days at the least, and see how I feel after what I call "the honeymoon phase" for me. I feel just fine, but if something is going to hit me, it is usually right around 5 days ;)

I love how Dr. Heather Ashton talked about it in this video I'll put below.  If I feel the need, I will hold longer.  I have to mention also that I've learned as I go, I can handle/cope with more intense sxs much better than earlier on as I was so scared, oregonlady :hug:

Edited by [or...]

[An...]
35 minutes ago, [[o...] said:

Hi @[An...], I love your username, hope I didn't say that before, but I guess it's worth repeating ;)

I've found my "holding" times can vary, even if I'm doing the exact same amount of taper.  My symptoms, intensity of, depend a lot on what I am eating, drinking, and how much physical activity I've had.  Most of all, my anxiety can shoot up from things I used to cope with very well, but not at this time of tapering for me.

If you are doing a "planned" amount of days and amount of taper, it will probably vary, maybe a lot like you are experiencing now.  I do a strictly "go by how I feel" plan.  I will hold for 5 days at the least, and see how I feel after what I call "the honeymoon phase" for me. I feel just fine, but if something is going to hit me, it is usually right around 5 days ;)

I love how Dr. Heather Ashton talked about it in this video I'll put below.  If I feel the need, I will hold longer.  I have to mention also that I've learned as I go, I can handle/cope with more intense sxs much better than earlier on as I was so scared, oregonlady :hug:

Thank you so much for all your advice and information. Yes I have been tapering and going as I feel but I have a little voice in my head telling me to hurry up and finish with this poison 😩

• Haha 1

[or...]
5 minutes ago, [[A...] said:

Thank you so much for all your advice and information. Yes I have been tapering and going as I feel but I have a little voice in my head telling me to hurry up and finish with this poison 😩

Yes, I hear those nagging voices too ;) but I tell them to bug off, they're just liars.  I need reassurance a lot of the time, and that hope I get from others here encouraging me by telling me their stories, oregonlady :classic_love:

• Sad 1

In the beginning of my taper, everything was quite predictable. I would make a cut in three days feel horrible. I’m pretty much back to normal by the 14th day. Then out of nowhere it switched. I really didn’t have symptoms for the first two weeks wondering what’s going on? Then in the middle of the third week I would get slammed. And symptoms Grew for the next seven days:idiot:

I made a cut exactly 4 weeks ago yesterday I was at death’s door. Last night went to sleep wondering what’s gonna happen tonight? To my surprise, I got about six hours sleep and woke up out of the fog without anxiety. And lessened symptoms.

So far this taper has been anything but predictable, cut what you can when you can. Roll with the punches.

i’ve been doing cut and hold. I believe I’m going to start doing a daily micro taper. People have said it evens things out and that they were glad they went that route.

• Sad 1

[An...]
14 hours ago, [[P...] said:

Hi @[An...], I've seen this happen with tapers, what have the rest of your reductions looked like, do you reduce according to symptoms or are you on a schedule?

Hey there, I reduce as I go with how I’m feeling but this month I reduced 0.6mgs a week for 1 month as I was feeling well to do so. But I think those cuts may have caught up to me ? 

[An...]
13 hours ago, [[E...] said:

I had this for almost 3 weeks. It got better on week 4

Praying for us to heal I think I should hold till I feel better 

• Like 1

[Pa...]
10 hours ago, [[A...] said:

Hey there, I reduce as I go with how I’m feeling but this month I reduced 0.6mgs a week for 1 month as I was feeling well to do so. But I think those cuts may have caught up to me ? 

It would appear so but its tough to know for sure.  As you probably know, diazepam takes a lot longer to leave our system so it would be difficult to know how you were handling each reduction when your body may not fully realize the reduction in a weeks time.  I would probably go back to allowing more time for your body to get over each reduction before attempting another one. 

• Love 1