A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×

I fear every cut

[An...]

I fear every cut I have to cut tomorrow and I’m so scared I was supposed to cut today but I got too scared and back off how do we get through this fear 

Edited by [An...]

[Jo...]

I know how you feel, I cut every Sunday and get anxious about it towards the end of the week, sometimes I hold for another week if I’m bad but right now I want to get off this poison and just gotta keep going. Been tapering for nearly 18 months and figure I have 6 months to go. I keep saying to myself soon you will be free of lorazepam and your old self will be back

Edited by [Jo...]
  • Like 2

[An...]
22 minutes ago, [[J...] said:

I know how you feel, I cut every Sunday and get anxious about it towards the end of the week, sometimes I hold for another week if I’m bad but right now I want to get off this poison and just gotta keep going. Been tapering for nearly 18 months and figure I have 6 months to go. I keep saying to myself soon you will be free of lorazepam and your old self will be back

I’m so sorry that you have been suffering for so long this medication is so scary do you get waves and windows whilst tapering ? How do you feel about tapering slower maybe ever fortnight ? 

[Jo...]

I know how you feel, I cut every Sunday and get anxious about it towards the end of the week, sometimes I hold for another week if I’m bad but right now I want to get off this poison and just gotta keep going. Been tapering for nearly 18 months and figure I have 6 months to go 

@[An...] yes I get windows and waves but seems like the waves come when I cut, have a few bad days and then a window and then the wave comes again once I cut. If I’m really bad I’ll wait 2 weeks to cut but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Hope you are doing ok with your cut due or will you hold for a bit longer?

[An...]
1 hour ago, [[J...] said:

I know how you feel, I cut every Sunday and get anxious about it towards the end of the week, sometimes I hold for another week if I’m bad but right now I want to get off this poison and just gotta keep going. Been tapering for nearly 18 months and figure I have 6 months to go 

@[An...] yes I get windows and waves but seems like the waves come when I cut, have a few bad days and then a window and then the wave comes again once I cut. If I’m really bad I’ll wait 2 weeks to cut but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Hope you are doing ok with your cut due or will you hold for a bit longer?

Yeah I’m so sorry, I have been tapering for 12 months and 6 months left. I’m going to hold this till I somewhat stabilise no rush to get off I think we just want this all over and done with 

[En...]
6 hours ago, [[A...] said:

I fear every cut I have to cut tomorrow and I’m so scared I was supposed to cut today but I got too scared and back off how do we get through this fear 

It is scary to think of going another round of withdrawal. Unfortunately we have to go through this to get to the other side. Fortunately all our symptoms are temporary and will go away. The important thing is to keep moving forward. We want to be off this med and live healthy fulfilling lives. That's what keeps me going. I never look back as tempting as it may be some days. 

You can do this. Keep going. 

• Love 1

[An...]
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, [[J...] said:

What benzo are you tapering @[An...]? And what is your dose now? sorry your going through crap too 

I am tapering diazapem I am on 11.25mgs I cut 0.6 mgs each week for 1 month after a very long hold in total 2.5mgs in one month but I will not reinstate or go higher I’m going to ride this out 

Edited by [An...]

[An...]
56 minutes ago, [[E...] said:

It is scary to think of going another round of withdrawal. Unfortunately we have to go through this to get to the other side. Fortunately all our symptoms are temporary and will go away. The important thing is to keep moving forward. We want to be off this med and live healthy fulfilling lives. That's what keeps me going. I never look back as tempting as it may be some days. 

You can do this. Keep going. 

Yes I have never updosed I also refuse to atm 

[En...]
39 minutes ago, [[A...] said:

Yes I have never updosed I also refuse to atm 

Good I dont either I rough it out. Has worked so far.

[An...]
13 hours ago, [[J...] said:

That is awesome @[An...] keep going, we’ve got this 🙌🏼

Do you reccomend I hold till I feel better for my next cut 

• Like 1

[Jo...]
7 hours ago, [[A...] said:

Do you reccomend I hold till I feel better for my next cut 

I would hold for another week or until I’m feeling better if I’m really bad, I’ve been feeling like crap this week but woke up better yesterday so I’ll be making my next cut on Sunday. I hope you feel better soon, take care and you’ve got this 🙌🏼