A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×

Diazepam 10 months plus

[Mo...]
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, [[M...] said:

:sick:

Been  tapering for 10 months down to about 10 mg daily. Bad abdominal spasms, neck and facial spasms. Also larynx and chest tightness. All symptoms get better after administration of diazepam but return about 6 to 8 hrs later. How can this be with such a long half life? No other health issues detected by doctor. But my psychiatrist did not believe me and cut me off flat. Said the symptoms must be poly drug use and should seek detox . He is wrong, no other drugs are involved.

Edited by [Mo...]
Grammar

[Bu...]

Hello @[Mo...],

Welcome to BenzoBuddies.

I'm so sorry for the situation that you're in and all of the symptoms that you're dealing with.  In my opinion, it could be happening for a couple of reasons.  If your taper was too fast it can cause symptoms.  Also, some people need to split their dose up to keep inter-dose withdrawal from occurring even with a med with such a long half life.

Can I ask about the rate of your taper and how many times a day you take your med?  Also, are you still taking it or are you now dealing with a cold-turkey?

I'm glad you found us and we'll do our best to help you with this.

[Mo...]

I split my dose into as many small fractions as possible from a 10 mg tablet They are not all the same size because it’s hard to break the tablets into more than two

They are not all the same size because it’s hard to break the tablet into more than two pieces

I came down from 40 mg daily to 10 mg over the last 10 months, and it has been an unimaginable hell that left me mostly bedridden and unable to tolerate even sunshine or daylight

The biggest problems are my lack of medical assistance at this point, because the psychiatrist cut me off

So any new Doctor who requests my records will probably see that the last guy terminated me because he didn’t believe me

I’m trying to see if vitamin supplements are helping, but the muscle spasms are intolerable