A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×

A very good read on benzo withdrawal

[En...]

[Cr...]

Too bad they don't make this required reading in med school, eh? A lot less benzos will be prescribed and a lot more understanding/compassion will be had for those suffering from dependency/withdrawal.

• Like 2

[En...]
1 minute ago, [[C...] said:

Too bad they don't make this required reading in med school, eh? A lot less benzos will be prescribed and a lot more understanding/compassion will be had for those suffering from dependency/withdrawal.

If I show this to my Dr he wouldn't read it. He thinks he knows it all. It is a very good read for us peasants. 

[Cr...]
Just now, [[E...] said:

If I show this to my Dr he wouldn't read it. He thinks he knows it all. It is a very good read for us peasants. 

Same thing happened with my doctor. He went to med school and I didn't, so it probably felt insulting to receive a guide/instructions from a patient... even if that guide was written by another doctor. Nope, apparently his 10 day taper plan to get off klonopin was the way to go.

Eng, I wonder if reverse psychology would have worked on your doctor. Like if you went to him and said you got this 'ridiculous manual' from other doctors. Act put off that they all want you to do a slow taper with 10% cuts and suggest that you personally think taping off in 10 days should be fine. 

Your doctor would probably actually read the manual then and highly advise that you follow its guidelines do a slow taper. Trick him into thinking it was his idea so his ego can stay inflated.

• Like 1

[En...]
Just now, [[C...] said:

Same thing happened with my doctor. He went to med school and I didn't, so it probably felt insulting to receive a guide/instructions from a patient... even if that guide was written by another doctor. Nope, apparently his 10 day taper plan to get off klonopin was the way to go.

Eng, I wonder if reverse psychology would have worked on your doctor. Like if you went to him and said you got this 'ridiculous manual' from other doctors. Act put off that they all want you to do a slow taper with 10% cuts and suggest that you personally think taping off in 10 days should be fine. 

Your doctor would probably actually read the manual then and highly advise that you follow its guidelines do a slow taper. Trick him into thinking it was his idea so his ego can stay inflated.

Yes it is all about ego isn't it. I guess we are all hardwired that way. Once we get confident in what we do we do not accept others opinions. I am guilty of this myself in my trade of work. 

[Cr...]
13 minutes ago, [[E...] said:

Yes it is all about ego isn't it. I guess we are all hardwired that way. Once we get confident in what we do we do not accept others opinions. I am guilty of this myself in my trade of work. 

Ah yes, like an American man going to England and getting ready for a drive. His wife, who never got her license, knows that you drive on the opposite (left) side of the road over there, but the husband refuses to believe her since he has a driver's license and knows more about driving than her. Only difference is he will also suffer the consequences of stubborness whereas many doctors do not.

Not having an open mind or the willingness to consider possibilities proposed by people officially less experienced than oneself can be detrimental in certain fields. I hope you at least acknowledge when your wife is right, which I assume is most of the time. ::)

Edited by [Cr...]
  • Like 1

[En...]
1 minute ago, [[C...] said:

Ah yes, like an American man going to England and getting ready for a drive. His wife, who never got her license, knows that you drive on the opposite (left) side of the road over there, but the husband refuses to believe her since he has a driver's license and knows more about driving than her. Only difference is he will also suffer the consequences of stubborness whereas many doctors do not.

Not having an open mind or the willingness to consider possibilities proposed by people officially less experienced than oneself can be detrimental in certain fields. I hope you at least acknowledge when your wife is right, which I assume is most of the time. ::)

Lol yes my wife is always right. I listen to her she is never wrong. Always has an opinion that one. Very stubborn woman lol. Dont tell her I said that!!!

[Cr...]
6 minutes ago, [[E...] said:

Lol yes my wife is always right. I listen to her she is never wrong. Always has an opinion that one. Very stubborn woman lol. Dont tell her I said that!!!

Is it alright that I tell her the positive part?

"Mrs. Eng, I just wanted to tell you that Mr. Eng says that you are usually right and that he values your opinion far more than those of his other girlfriends."

• Haha 1

[En...]
4 minutes ago, [[C...] said:

Is it alright that I tell her the positive part?

"Mrs. Eng, I just wanted to tell you that Mr. Eng says that you are usually right and that he values your opinion far more than those of his other girlfriends."

Mrs Eng lol