A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×

Very tired

[En...]

I've noticed I am always very tired. I look in the mirror and my eyes look like I haven't slept in days. When I stand up too fast I get quite light headed. I have to stand up slowly in stages. 

My stomach is in a mess. After I eat I feel like I have a stomach full of gas. Gurgling and pain followed by a sudden urge to go to the bathroom. I have to stay close to a toilet. 

I have a headache all day at my temples. More like a weird pain. Tylenol does nothing to help it. 

My toes are numb. I cant feel some of them. I've had this symptom for awhile. When I first got this symptom I thought I had diabetes so I got a blood test done all came back normal. It is part of my withdrawal. 

I am still taper 10% and I find this to be easier to handle withdrawal. This last little bit will probably be the most challenging and then the healing on jump. 

[Cr...]
5 hours ago, [[E...] said:

I am still taper 10% and I find this to be easier to handle withdrawal. This last little bit will probably be the most challenging and then the healing on jump. 

I think i read somewhere that jumping from the last dose is more psychologically stressful on the mind than it is physically stressful on the body . Sort of a "This is it!" moment, and it can be hard not to expect the worse or second-guess if it is the right time or low enough dose to jump.

We will jump together Eng! I mean.. technically I don't need to jump, as I am already in the pool (benzo freedom) and the water feels fine. When you are ready to make the jump you can still use a raft (forum) and floaties (support from members) for as long as you need until you can finally swim free.

Reading all the symptoms you are currently going through really puts into perspective just how strong you truly can be when you need to be. Sometimes it takes typing out all of the symptoms we are facing at once to truly understand just how resilient we are. There will come times when too many will hit you at once and you feel overwhelmed (perhaps you are close now?). We will all be here for you whenever you need us :therethere:

Edited by [Cr...]
  • Like 2

[in...]

@[En...]You wouldn't believe me if I told you, but I'm going through the exact thing as you are. Stomach is a mess. Constant tension headache and my balance is totally off.

I've been off Clonazepam for six days now.

I'm here if you wanna talk! Peace ✌️

[Cr...]
2 minutes ago, [[i...] said:

@[En...]You wouldn't believe me if I told you, but I'm going through the exact thing as you are. Stomach is a mess. Constant tension headache and my balance is totally off.

You and @[En...] should hook up (platonically) for your recovery period. Sort of like how in school we had to pick a partner for an assignment. You are freshly off and depending on how well the rest of the taper goes he shouldn't be too far behind.

Having support from people that are fully recovered is helpful, but sometimes members just need advice/support from others that are still going through withdrawal as well.

• Like 2

[En...]
36 minutes ago, [[C...] said:

I think i read somewhere that jumping from the last dose is more psychologically stressful on the mind than it is physically stressful on the body . Sort of a "This is it!" moment, and it can be hard not to expect the worse or second-guess if it is the right time or low enough dose to jump.

We will jump together Eng! I mean.. technically I don't need to jump, as I am already in the pool (benzo freedom) and the water feels fine. When you are ready to make the jump you can still use a raft (forum) and floaties (support from members) for as long as you need until you can finally swim free.

Reading all the symptoms you are currently going through really puts into perspective just how strong you truly can be when you need to be. Sometimes it takes typing out all of the symptoms we are facing at once to truly understand just how resilient we are. There will come times when too many will hit you at once and you feel overwhelmed (perhaps you are close now?). We will all be here for you whenever you need us :therethere:

I have had some anxiety this morning. I went for a walk and felt better. I walk daily for an hour. Anxiety is subsiding. I am just very tired. I tell myself in these times I have to go through this in order to get well again. I distract myself go outside look at the clouds and flowers. I feel the warm sun on my skin. I feel the cool breeze. I just sitt there for about 15 minutes then I feel better. 

I am so grateful I have my benzobuddies to help me get through this. We all need support from time to time and encouragement. One day I will be successfully off this stuff and get back to my normal life.  That is what keeps me going. 

Thank you especially Crono you have been a huge help not only to me but others. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

[En...]
19 minutes ago, [[i...] said:

I am close to being off. I am reducing from 0.25mg clonazepam.  This site has given me daily inspiration to continue. To not panic and accept what I feel as healing. It is not easy some days. But I always make it through. You will too feel good. You have done what some cannot getting off. I will be right behind you. 

• Love 1

[in...]
Just now, [[E...] said:

I am close to being off. I am reducing from 0.25mg clonazepam.  This site has given me daily inspiration to continue. To not panic and accept what I feel as healing. It is not easy some days. But I always make it through. You will too feel good. You have done what some cannot getting off. I will be right behind you. 

Sounds awesome brother! What was your dosage before you started tapering?

[En...]
Just now, [[i...] said:

Sounds awesome brother! What was your dosage before you started tapering?

I was originally taking 1mg lorazpam the first month then it went paradoxical and I got switched to 2mg clonazepam. That made me go crazy and I had bad akathisia and anxiety. My Dr thought it was from my previous weed usage and convinced me it was. Over the time I educated myself on withdrawal and proper tapering especially when I came here. Now I understand what is going on so I do not panic anymore. There is another thread I just made with reference to Ashron Manual and withdrawal symptoms. After I read that I really understood and actually felt relief I wasn't going crazy. 

• Like 1

[in...]
1 minute ago, [[E...] said:

I was originally taking 1mg lorazpam the first month then it went paradoxical and I got switched to 2mg clonazepam. That made me go crazy and I had bad akathisia and anxiety. My Dr thought it was from my previous weed usage and convinced me it was. Over the time I educated myself on withdrawal and proper tapering especially when I came here. Now I understand what is going on so I do not panic anymore. There is another thread I just made with reference to Ashron Manual and withdrawal symptoms. After I read that I really understood and actually felt relief I wasn't going crazy. 

Yoo! I used to smoke weed when I was younger. Anyway. Yeah I've read quite allot about the Ashton manual. I've used it twice before. It's a great method for tapering, no doubt. Anyway.

Those are the toughest steps. The last ones from .25mg down to 0. But the feeling you get from jumping is great! One more big step towards recovery.

You'll get there. After that last step it'll be partly about the physical symptoms, but mostly about learning to function without meds. 

That's where I'm at right now. Trying to figure out how to believe in myself. I haven't gotten too far in my process yet lol. Things will get better though. It's all about time and patience in the end. 

We're gonna make it! I can feel it! It's gonna be so worth it! Let's go!! 💯🙏

• Like 1

[En...]
1 minute ago, [[i...] said:

Yoo! I used to smoke weed when I was younger. Anyway. Yeah I've read quite allot about the Ashton manual. I've used it twice before. It's a great method for tapering, no doubt. Anyway.

Those are the toughest steps. The last ones from .25mg down to 0. But the feeling you get from jumping is great! One more big step towards recovery.

You'll get there. After that last step it'll be partly about the physical symptoms, but mostly about learning to function without meds. 

That's where I'm at right now. Trying to figure out how to believe in myself. I haven't gotten too far in my process yet lol. Things will get better though. It's all about time and patience in the end. 

We're gonna make it! I can feel it! It's gonna be so worth it! Let's go!! 💯🙏

Yes we will make it. I have to my family needs me to be myself again. I need me to be myself again. You will too. We will do this together. 

• Like 1

[in...]
2 minutes ago, [[E...] said:

Yes we will make it. I have to my family needs me to be myself again. I need me to be myself again. You will too. We will do this together. 

Let me know if you want to talk! By the way: Where you from?

[En...]
Just now, [[i...] said:

Let me know if you want to talk! By the way: Where you from?

I'm from Canada the great white north lol. Where are you from? I am always here to chat as well.

[in...]
Just now, [[E...] said:

I'm from Canada the great white north lol. Where are you from? I am always here to chat as well.

Well I'm Finnish but I'm born and raised in Sweden. Sounds great man! My advice is: Take those last steps slowly. Go from .25mg to .125mg if you can, and then make the jump. You're going to be ok. I just did this, so I know. 💯👑

[En...]
Just now, [[i...] said:

Well I'm Finnish but I'm born and raised in Sweden. Sounds great man! My advice is: Take those last steps slowly. Go from .25mg to .125mg if you can, and then make the jump. You're going to be ok. I just did this, so I know. 💯👑

Cool your from Sweden. Funny how one bad pill can unite from around the world. 

I will be one week at this dose tomorrow. I will see how I feel on Monday if I want to continue or hold. I am not in a hurry as much as I dont want to be on this med. I reduce by 10% now with a scale. It seems to be working good so far. It is amazing how this last little bit is the hardest it seems. I didnt have the headaches until recent. It isn't really a headache more of a pain in my temples. 

There are some great people on this site who I understand and are very supportive and informative. Great resource. 

[Cr...]

Wow you two are hitting it off good and are both former marijuana users to boot! Check out these matchmaker skills! :highfive: 

I jest. I feel a strong need to use humor today for some reason.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

[in...]
5 minutes ago, [[C...] said:

Wow you two are hitting it off good and are both former marijuana users to boot! Check out these matchmaker skills! :highfive: 

I jest. I feel a strong need to use humor today for some reason.

You just made me spill my coffee from laughing. I needed this. Thank you lol 🤣✌️

[in...]
25 minutes ago, [[E...] said:

Cool your from Sweden. Funny how one bad pill can unite from around the world. 

I will be one week at this dose tomorrow. I will see how I feel on Monday if I want to continue or hold. I am not in a hurry as much as I dont want to be on this med. I reduce by 10% now with a scale. It seems to be working good so far. It is amazing how this last little bit is the hardest it seems. I didnt have the headaches until recent. It isn't really a headache more of a pain in my temples. 

There are some great people on this site who I understand and are very supportive and informative. Great resource. 

I felt like those last steps were all in my head. For me it was about letting go of something that used to make me feel safe. It's all a mindgame. Convince yourself that you are the one in charge and you'll win the battle. That's guaranteed.

• Like 1

[in...]
2 minutes ago, [[C...] said:

Not done yet!

I guess I have to laugh at this to keep my sanity 🤣 Wow man.. It's been a long day.. 9:28PM over here!

Edited by [in...]

[Cr...]

Isn't that only 9:38 pm? On behalf of all the members suffering from insomnia, you are quite a novice at staying up late aren't you? :o

[in...]
Just now, [[C...] said:

Isn't that only 9:38 pm? On behalf of all the members suffering from insomnia, you are quite a novice at staying up late aren't you? :o

Yeah well... ADHD + tapering isn't the best of combinations lol

[En...]
7 minutes ago, [[C...] said:

Not done yet!

Oh man what a great funny movie. You really are a jokester aren't you. You're a witty one Crono!!!

[Cr...]
3 minutes ago, [[E...] said:

Oh man what a great funny movie. You really are a jokester aren't you. You're a witty one Crono!!!

Nope. But I apologize in advance to either one of you if the other turns out to be a stalker or serial killer as it happens every damn time :-[ (sorry to all my other 274 matches!)

• Haha 1
  • Wow 1

[Do...]
1 hour ago, [[E...] said:

I am close to being off.

Is it ok to say i envy you so much? but i am also glad for you. Enjoy your well deserved freedom.

Edited by [Do...]
  • Like 1

[En...]
4 minutes ago, [[C...] said:

Nope. But I apologize in advance to either one of you if the other turns out to be a stalker or serial killer as it happens every damn time :-[ (sorry to all my other 274 matches!)

You have a bad track record.